• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Joel Sherman
#Rays are moving closer to dealing Jeremy Hellickson to an NL team. Likely this week

Yay. Figured this was likely as he was at best the 6th SP on the Rays at best

eznark

Banned
Sounds Cubs like to me. Don't know if they would want to make a deal with them though after the Maddon ordeal.

You disappeared from the NFL thread but I wanted to let you know that 11-5 is looking pretty improbable, in case you went MIA from the NFL season...like Cutler.

Malvingt2

Joel Sherman
#Rays are moving closer to dealing Jeremy Hellickson to an NL team. Likely this week

Yay. Figured this was likely as he was at best the 6th SP on the Rays at best

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1
Word is #Braves pushing Gattis hard. AL teams interested since he could DH and play the field more sparingly

I wonder.

You disappeared from the NFL thread but I wanted to let you know that 11-5 is looking pretty improbable, in case you went MIA from the NFL season...like Cutler.
:( I had a few posts in there yesterday. But its been an awful season. But at least we might get a good draft pick and the entire staff gets fired.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1
Word is #Braves pushing Gattis hard. AL teams interested since he could DH and play the field more sparingly

I wonder.

That'd be swell. Hellickson and his 4.5 million salary seems like a lock to be moved considering hes not a lock for the rotation. Gattis would be an upgrade for the Rays and he wouldn't even have to play the field (outside of rare occasions).

Seriously doubt the Braves would trade Gattis for that though. Would be nice.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Twins announce new home uniforms today.

Eh. The gold looks fine in graphics form. On the actual uniform it looks less nice. I'm sure Joe's ass will look decent in them and that's really all that matters.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
The Mets are moving in Citi Field's right-center field fence.

screen-shot-2014-11-10-at-10-46-53-am.png

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Haven't seen the Braves act as sellers since 2008. This is kind of fun. I mean, they've dumped some guys but that's not the same.

Well, actually I guess you could count Vasquez in 2009.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

jbug617

Banned
Red Sox are on Hamels no trade list. Speculation is that if the Sox want to trade for him they got to pickup his options

eznark

Banned
Joel Sherman said that the Brewers might have a shot to sign Scherzer.
Do you guys have that kind of money?

Can't imagine they'd be willing to do it but I could see them doing it since Lohse and Gallardo are FA after 2015 so it would only be a one year bump. Then they move cheap ass Nelson back into the rotation in 2016.

eznark

Banned
I didn't know Dan Barreiro posted here!

Yeah, it's busy and the wordmark is so dated. They should just switch to the cream home alternates full time.

That's the most offensive part about it, the Twins actually have awesome uniforms to choose from.

Cerveceros gold is bad but I can live with it because none of the Brewers uniforms are too fantastic. Like every other Twins option is excellent.

Vote for the bleakest Giants moment of 2014

Rockies sweep
Dodgers sweep
Royals sweep
Padres sweep
Blanco error
Signing Dan Uggla
Playing Dan Uggla
Game 6 of the World Series
Looking back at all these, cant believe we actually made it to the playoffs let alone win it all!
My vote goes to the Rockies series. That series was sooooo frustrating and marked the beginning of going from the best team in baseball to the worst for a good 2 and 1/2 months.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
That's the most offensive part about it, the Twins actually have awesome uniforms to choose from.

Cerveceros gold is bad but I can live with it because none of the Brewers uniforms are too fantastic. Like every other Twins option is excellent.
Yeah, I don't really understand it at all. I do kinda like the hat with the gold trim, though. If they make a 39thirty of it, I'll buy one probably.

JABEE

Amaro had a one-on-one meeting with Alou, Tomas's agent. No offer yet, but the Phillies are said to be front-runners for Yasmani Tomas.

Would be nice if he panned out. Right-handed 24-year old power-hitting outfielder.

Loco4Coco

What an awful signing. It's not really about giving up the draft pick its more about the player they signed. Guy was injured almost all of last season and had his best year in Coors. But it's ok he's friends with Wright...

Hopefully this is not their only "big" move this off-season.

Fox318

Add the Mets to your list of teams the Jets are better off than.

The thing that's nice about having the Mets in the same city as my Yankees is that I can always watch them and have a laugh and know that the Yankees aren't that bad.

Hell the Mets owner was making fun of a pregnant woman for bring pregnant.

Loco4Coco

Seriously, by every measure this move doesn't make any fucking sense.

The Mets and Rockies have a deal involving Tulo. But instead of the mets giving up another prospect they signed Cuddyer so they can give the Rockies an extra pick in next year's draft. Not crazy at all.

Top Bottom