• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You know Darkside is going back to being a Mets fan.

I never stopped rooting for the Mets you know. There just hasn't been a ton to root for lately but things are slowly changing.

I say he follows hipster manager. We should start a betting pool on which team he squickens to.

But I'll always root for the Rays. Joe Maddon left for greener pastures (literally) and a bigger market, which is fine because who the fuck wouldn't? Lol at the notions of tampering or whatever, and there was no conspiracy about ownership. Dude left to take a bigger paycheck and a bigger city and there is nothing wrong with that.

jakncoke

Banned
Ok, when is baseball coming back and my daily boom/bust emotions at 7 pm through 930/10!

Also 16th oldest person passed away 4 days ago. 1 less that seen the Cubs win a WS ;)

I never stopped rooting for the Mets you know. There just hasn't been a ton to root for lately but things are slowly changing.

But I'll always root for the Rays. Joe Maddon left for greener pastures (literally) and a bigger market, which is fine because who the fuck wouldn't? Lol at the notions of tampering or whatever, and there was no conspiracy about ownership. Dude left to take a bigger paycheck and a bigger city and there is nothing wrong with that.

Things are slowly changing. Thank you for noticing Darkside.

Malo

Banned

You and enron disgust me.

Chris R

I saw Pete Rose today in Las Vegas doing a signing. He looked so sad sitting there in whatever shop it was with nobody walking into to talk/get stuff signed.

Didn't have anything to get signed and didn't see if there was a cost (I bet there was) so I walked on by like everyone else :(

I just read this Morosi article about the situation the Tigers are in after Cabrera's surgery. His contract extension doesn't kick in for another few years? Even accepting that he's one of the best hitters of his generation, that's going to get really ugly really quickly.

Who are these brahs on Wall Street Sternberg is talking to about the Expos? I hate these leverage moves. I can't get hurt again. I just cant......

Via @michaelgbaron:

B06tjPGIAAEIc30.jpg

Be careful looking on twitter, I guess there's pics of the accident going around. For some reason Carlos Martinez felt it would be a good idea to tweet them

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Shaughnessy: Fenway can’t hold candle to Giants’ park.

More from Shaughnessy, Pablo Sandoval fits Red Sox’ needs:

What’s not to love about Sandoval? The guy is a switch-hitter, a two-time All- Star, and is nominated for a Gold Glove this season. He’s only 28 and he’s clutch. Maybe you forgot that night two years ago when he hit three homers in a World Series game against the Detroit Tigers. Sandoval was MVP of the Giants’ Series sweep that year.

Sandoval presents great marketing opportunities for the cash-craving Red Sox. The Giants make a killing on souvenir Panda headgear and Chairman Tom no doubt could develop some nifty NESN programming about a big-budget third baseman with a big belly (perhaps he could wrestle the giant Bruins bear from the commercials). Jenny Johnson, meet Son of Guapo. Sandoval has said he likes Boston and I’m guessing David Ortiz would love to have Sandoval in the Sox lineup. Papi and the Panda had a conversation when Ortiz was in Kansas City working the World Series for Fox. Sandoval could fill the Sox’ DH role when Ortiz eventually retires.

He is peaking at the right moment. During his 25-game postseason streak (dating to October 10, 2012), he hit .381 with 10 doubles, 6 homers, 16 RBIs, and 7 walks. Call me crazy, but at this hour, he seems like like a better option than Will Middlebrooks.

Here in the Bay Area, some folks believe the Giants will draw a line at three years on Sandoval. It’s probably going to take five years and close to $100 million to land him.

The Sox can do that. They should do that. Sign the Panda a week after this World Series ends.

Just saw the pictures on Twitter. yikes....no one would have survived that.

Deadspin has a picture up on their site.

RIP to both of them.

One picture of the crash was enough for me.

There was actually a picture of Taveras after the crash that was tweeted by Martinez (who was one of Taveras's closest friends so I can't imagine what he's going through right now)

It was incredibly graphic and I really wish I hadn't seen it

BFIB

Just hard to believe that had the Cards won, Taveras would still be alive. Crazy how life smacks you in the face, hugged my 5 month old extra tight before I left for work this morning.

I wonder what the Cards are going to do? Obviously this is going to change their offseason plans in a major way.

Just hard to believe that had the Cards won, Taveras would still be alive. Crazy how life smacks you in the face, hugged my 5 month old extra tight before I left for work this morning.

I wonder what the Cards are going to do? Obviously this is going to change their offseason plans in a major way.

All I can say is that despite all the crap I give Matheny, I am really glad he's the manager for 2015. I don't think there's a person on Earth more qualified than Matheny in this situation.

BFIB

All I can say is that despite all the crap I give Matheny, I am really glad he's the manager for 2015. I don't think there's a person on Earth more qualified than Matheny in this situation.

Yeah, he was there for the team when Kile passed.

This is now 3 Cardinal players that have died within the past 13 years. I don't want my team to be known for this. I'd rather be known for the obnoxious BFIB chatter. :(

Yeah, he was there for the team when Kile passed.

This is now 3 Cardinal players that have died within the past 13 years. I don't want my team to be known for this. I'd rather be known for the obnoxious BFIB chatter. :(

It's just insanely awful luck to lose three players in ~13 years. Has something like that ever happened to any major sports team, excluding major one-time accidents (such as a plane crash)? I can't think of any example. Throw on-top of that career-ending freak injuries like a foul ball to the eye (Juan Encarnaciòn) or a kick to the head causing a severe concussion (Jason LaRue) and it has been a really rough last 13 years.

It's maybe too early to talk about how the Cardinals will find someone to fill in for Taveras, but I am genuinely curious how they'll proceed.

BFIB

It's just insanely awful luck to lose three players in ~13 years. Has something like that ever happened to any major sports team, excluding major one-time accidents (such as a plane crash)? I can't think of any example. Throw on-top of that career-ending freak injuries like a foul ball to the eye (Juan Encarnaciòn) or a kick to the head causing a severe concussion (Jason LaRue) and it has been a really rough last 13 years.

It's maybe too early to talk about how the Cardinals will find someone to fill in for Taveras, but I am genuinely curious how they'll proceed.

It changes a lot. They moved Craig to give Taveras his opportunity. Craig had a down year, but he still was an MVP candidate the year prior, and at the time, was sitting 2nd on our team in RBI. Wasn't hitting for average, but was still driving in runs at least.

The Cardinals obviously had big plans for Oscar next year. They'll adjust, and the team and fans will move on, but this one stings because with Kile, we knew what we had. Same with Hancock. We'll never know with Taveras.

Top Bottom