• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Postseason |OT| Where Chokes Happen™

Paches

If the Royals have proven anything this year, its that stats don't mean a thing.

Well, certain stats don't mean anything, yes, and some of those stats that are not of much value are listed in that graphic. The thing is, the Royals took advantage of a down year for the AL with Boston, NY, Tampa, and the Rangers all under performing due to various reasons and squeaked in to the playoffs and are now hot.

I just wish I could say the same about my Mariners :(

see5harp

Well, certain stats don't mean anything, yes, and some of those stats that are not of much value are listed in that graphic. The thing is, the Royals took advantage of a down year for the AL with Boston, NY, Tampa, and the Rangers all under performing due to various reasons and squeaked in to the playoffs and are now hot.

I just wish I could say the same about my Mariners :(

They got hot during the season at one point too. I remember them sweeping both the A's and the Giants. It could have been during one of those bad stretches for the A's and Giant's though.

I'm surprised their defensive stats are so middling to bad. They have been very solid defensively in the playoffs.
That's because 2 of those stats are based on errors, which only capture a small part of defensive value. FG rates KC as the best defense in baseball.

Total double plays isn't necessarily indicative of good defense since the batted ball tendencies of the pitchers play a large role. Guessing KC's pitchers aren't very groundball heavy?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The local sports radio station had a bunch of callers/texters suggesting that Zito should throw the first pitch when the series comes to SF, or be one of the sideline balldudes to collect foul balls, or break out the guitar and sing the national anthem, or all of the above, etc.

The local sports radio station had a bunch of callers/texters suggesting that Zito should throw the first pitch when the series comes to SF, or be one of the sideline balldudes to collect foul balls, or break out the guitar and sing the national anthem, or all of the above, etc.

That would be awesome.

They could make it like a Hollywood movie were something happens to all of the pitchers and Barry Zito happens to be the only person in the stadium who can win the game for the Giants.

Then the team could carry them on their shoulders a la Rudy and freeze frame on Barry's exuberant smile.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Looks like Morse will be active on the NLCS roster. Cant imagine he starts game 1...but who know, postseason magic baby.

BFIB

Morse activated, and will be on the NLCS roster. Not sure if he's starting or not.

Waino appears to be good to go for game 1 as well.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.mccoveychronicles.com/2014/10/9/6950589/san-francisco-giants-link-dump-10-9

Here's what the 'pace of play' clock looks like

-----

EXT AT&T PARK - NIGHT

A group of SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS are gathered around the mound.

BELT
Hey, c'mon man, we all believe in you. Next meal at the OG's on me.

PANIK
Don't call it that.

POSEY
Just get out there, make your pitches, and we'll get outta here and figure out what's bothering you.

RIGHETTI
You can do this. I know you can do this.

In the center, JUAN GUTIERREZ stares up at them, tears in his eyes.

GUTIERREZ
You don't understand.

He stares up at the PACE OF PLAY CLOCK, tears in his eyes.

GUTIERREZ (CONT'D)
I can barely throw the ball within 30 seconds, much less 20. It's too much stress!

RIGHETTI
You just need to learn to relax. You need . . . zen.

SMASH CUT TO:

BARRY ZITO, wearing SUNGLASSES, eating an AVOCADO with a SPOON, on a YACHT. His cell phone rings.

Chuck

Still without luck
Hardy news is fantastic to hear.

Hopefully Nelly will stick with us if he's offered something good.

Askani

Obligatory:

FrWiJb2.gif

DOFnJb4.gif

nnBkvXs.gif

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I'm in KC, have tickets for Monday. Thing is, I don't have cable. Game is only on TBS.

Is there ANY WAY to get this in my house tonight? I see you can order it for $25 on MLB.com and stream, but only outside of the States. Damn.

Is there a good VPN method? Any sure fire, definitive way to watch the Royals game LIVE tonight?

Would really help me out - my GF had a TERRIBLE day at work, and I'm trying to cheer her up.

Askani

I'm in KC, have tickets for Monday. Thing is, I don't have cable. Game is only on TBS.

Is there ANY WAY to get this in my house tonight? I see you can order it for $25 on MLB.com and stream, but only outside of the States. Damn.

Is there a good VPN method? Any sure fire, definitive way to watch the Royals game LIVE tonight?

Would really help me out - my GF had a TERRIBLE day at work, and I'm trying to cheer her up.

Sports bar? Know anyone with Cable or Direct TV that you can borrow their log in? I think they'll probably play it on the outside screen at P&L again. Will be cold but it's covered so no rain.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Sports bar? Know anyone with Cable or Direct TV that you can borrow their log in? I think they'll probably play it on the outside screen at P&L again. Will be cold but it's covered so no rain.

She's unfortunately just not in the mood to go out. Rarely happens - she usually DRAGS me out. Her day must've really sucked - she's a social butterfly. So just trying to figure it out.

Maybe I'll go the B/S/T thread and figure if someone will let me borrow their login...

EDIT: I'll post here - if anyone here will let me borrow a login that will let me sign-in to a stream tonight (and provide me some instructions on how to do it), I'll gladly pay you $20 :)

If that's against the rules, let me know and I'll remove this post. Thank you!

BFIB

Do you have MLB.TV? If so then use www.unblock-us.com, and sign up for their free one week trial.

Wellscha

She's unfortunately just not in the mood to go out. Rarely happens - she usually DRAGS me out. Her day must've really sucked - she's a social butterfly. So just trying to figure it out.

Maybe I'll go the B/S/T thread and figure if someone will let me borrow their login...

EDIT: I'll post here - if anyone here will let me borrow a login that will let me sign-in to a stream tonight (and provide me some instructions on how to do it), I'll gladly pay you $20 :)

If that's against the rules, let me know and I'll remove this post. Thank you!

Do you have MLB.TV? If so then use www.unblock-us.com, and sign up for their free one week trial.

i had the same problem, I bought the postseason pack on MLB.tv but couldn't watch it because blackouts, but I did what sting said, and it worked like a charm!

Skel1ingt0n

i had the same problem, I bought the postseason pack on MLB.tv but couldn't watch it because blackouts, but I did what sting said, and it worked like a charm!

Awesome! Thank you, both of you! Appreciate it!

Here we go! I'm feeling cautiously optimistic about this, but whatever happens, I'm glad the winner will be a great team who has paid their dues. May the best team win!

and I hope it's us!

Top Bottom