• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Postseason |OT| Where Chokes Happen™

harSon

Banned
I'm not bitter, I just think the Bay-Area teams are better.

We're 8-5 against the Giants over the last two seasons, and 2-0 against Bumgarner. Not to mention the fact that we're the hotter team by far, and at home.

And Oakland has been certifiably trash for a long time now, and Kansas City destroyed them in both series this season.

We're 8-5 against the Giants over the last two seasons, and 2-0 against Bumgarner. Not to mention the fact that we're the hotter team by far, and at home.

And Oakland has been certifiably trash for a long time now, and Kansas City destroyed them in both series this season.

Well, I stopped watching baseball during the 10 game post ASB collapse, so apparently I missed where the A's went from the best team in baseball to barely getting in.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v36704023/sd...ostseason/?partnerId=as_mlb_20140929_32478786

Hunter Pence showing off his 80 promo cutting tool.

edit: Seeing that the Giants and Pirates ended up with the same record makes me feel better. We'd be playing a one game playoff to get into the NLDS even without the second WC spot.

Meanwhile that shitty team across the Bay would've been eliminated under the old system.

092814_sf_pence_yes_twitter_sdvbc73e.gif

Blearth

Banned
That SF rotation is pretty dreadful on paper. And without Zito to bail you out of the NLCS, is it really going to happen?

Also I'm going to laugh when the homeplate collision rule strikes hard and fucks someone over. Someone in the league office needs to announce just how it's going to be enforced this month.

Paper means shit! This is the playoffs boy!

the-rodeo-clown-o.gif

Hoping A's lose for two reasons.

One, hope Lester gets rocked so his FA price goes down for the Cubs.
Two, makes Billy Beane regret the Addison Russell trade that much more.
Also hope the Royals make the WS vs. the Nats. That would be a fun matchup.

Nats vs. KC is exactly what I want. I'm not sure who I would want to win out of those two. That would be a refreshing match up though.

No Yanks or Boston in the playoffs is always welcome.

Cardinals!!!
but i'm hoping for either a cards/royals ws or a card/angels.
wouldnt mind a cards/A's series either.

edit: serious question, do non stl fans hate the cardinals like people hate the yankees/redsox? seems the cards get alot of hate.

BFIB

Cardinals!!!

edit: serious question, do non stl fans hate the cardinals like people hate the yankees/redsox? seems the cards get alot of hate.

Welcome! I think its understandable that the Cards get a lot of hate. I'm also a Cards fan, and due to the sustained success, its only natural that eventually, other fans just get tired of seeing the same teams compete. That and the #BFIB chatter.

However, MLB-GAF does always seem to have a drove of what MLB-GAF calls "lifelongs" that tend to come out of the weeds around this time of year. And it always seems its more Cards fans than anything.

But more importantly, ketchup or mustard?

Cardinals!!!

9.1 postseason games on average over the last 10 years will do that. It's like almost double the next highest too.

BFIB

i saw that stat earlier. isnt that only the teams in the playoffs this year that are included? pretty sure the yankees and redsox are right up there too.

Cards lead by a wide margin. In fact, I think the second team since 2011 with the most postseason games is the Tigers.

GOOOOOOOO ROYALS

Ah, it feels so good to actually have a stake in this thread this year. Finally!

And thanks for all the congrats from everyone in the old thread! Here we go, hopefully the ride continues beyond tomorrow night. It's so cool that the first pitch of the post season will be thrown at the K by James Shields. You can't believe what a great mood this city is in right now.

I am establishing the temporary Royals-Council. just waiting for Duane Cunningham and JDharbs (?)so I can hand over leadership to them. GO ROYALS!

I accept the position on behalf of myself, Harbs and Askani. First meeting is tonight, pork is on the smoker, the Google Fiber is humming away.

Royals-Dodgers WS showdown. Royals sweep and destroy Harry's will to live. Yost will flip off the cameras and tell Attanasio to go fuck himself.

We got your back, Duane and JD!

Hell yeah. It'll be a battle of the identical uniforms! Actually, it would be pretty poetic to beat Grienke after he left KC because we had no hope of ever seeing the post season.

GOOOOOOOO ROYALS

Ah, it feels so good to actually have a stake in this thread this year. Finally!

And thanks for all the congrats from everyone in the old thread! Here we go, hopefully the ride continues beyond tomorrow night. It's so cool that the first pitch of the post season will be thrown at the K by James Shields. You can't believe what a great mood this city is in right now.

Pulling for the royals if my cardinals get knocked out.

BFIB

Pulling for the royals if my cardinals get knocked out.

If the Cards get knocked out early, then its wide open. Pretty much every other team besides the Tigers and Giants haven't sniffed a WS in quite some time.

This is going to be a lot of fun watching all of it unfold.

Askani

Royals! Postseason! I suddenly find myself with relevant opinions about Wild Card games! I can talk about something after the regular season that doesn't involve the name Denkinger!

i saw that stat earlier. isnt that only the teams in the playoffs this year that are included? pretty sure the yankees and redsox are right up there too.

Even the Yankees and Red Sox only played like ~55 or so I think. Probably helps that the Cardinals very rarely sweep postseason series, though

Parch

The Blue Jays didn't make it, so I have next to no interest. Baseball is a sport I like and watch quite a bit of, but only really my team.
A Canadian won the batting title.

The Jays did better than I thought they would so this was a decent season.
Don't really care who wins now, but I'll watch. Playoff baseball is intense.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Twins fire Gardenhire
Here's my Gardy Replacement Power Rankings as of 9/29/14:

1. An unfeeling computer that makes every decision based on statistical analysis
2. Paul Molitor
3. Jake Mauer
4. Ozzie Guillen
5. T.C.
9998. One of the rats who used to inhabit the Metrodome
9999. Ron Washington
10000. Mike Scoscia

Fox318

1. An unfeeling computer that makes every decision based on statistical analysis
2. Paul Molitor
3. Jake Mauer
4. Ozzie Guillen
5. T.C.
9999. Ron Washington
10000. Mike Scoscia

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
At least they'd be entertaining and sucky!

eznark

Banned

2. Paul Molitor
3. Jake Mauer
4. Ozzie Guillen
5. T.C.
9999. Ron Washington
10000. Mike Scoscia

Since Joe Mauer's career is over wouldn't it be a good time for him to transition to manager?

McNei1y

I want them to come out with the game times already... I wish they could. I need to know what time the Nats play on Friday and if I need to take off work or not.

aFIGurANT

I want them to come out with the game times already... I wish they could. I need to know what time the Nats play on Friday and if I need to take off work or not.

For real, it's frustrating to have to guess. I'm going to assume that maybe there will be some overlap this year with the two different channels (TBS vs. FS1) airing each league but that also seems dumb, business-wise.

If you want to be sure though the best solution is to quit your job until October ends (hums Green Day to self).

Going to be an afternoon game so the announcers can talk about the shadows when they run out of narratives to throw down our throats.

Top Bottom