• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Postseason |OT| Where Chokes Happen™

aFIGurANT

So that injury to Soto huh. What a ridiculous way to win a game but I have to say I haven't seen one like it. So much excitement on the base paths.

E2nFDs2.jpg

Oddly enough... Truman was KC's presidential candidate as well! People always underestimate us. Well guess what they're wrong
occasionally every few decades, lol

Well, the Royals fought for every bit of that. Time to pass out for me I'd say, although half the city is going to be partying until sun up! My brother just texted me from Wesport and he says it's NUTS. And I'm still hearing occasional fireworks/gunshots in the distance, and im way out in the burbs!

Didn't some Royals fans leave during the 6th inning? Thought I saw some deserted seats behind home plate when it was 7-3. I bet they sure regret that decision.

jakncoke

Banned
Didnt watch the game, but always good to see the A's lose. Especially with the few fans we have on neogaf that pump their chest and are cocky as if they are about to win every WS ever.

How goddamn lucky is Ned Yost?

Let's ignore the Ventura move and the litany of bunts for a second...

He pinch-hit Jayson Nix for Aoki in the 11th with the winning run on 3rd. Jayson Nix was 0-8 in September with 6 strikeouts. Jayson Nix promptly struck out.

Jayson Nix is on the postseason roster.

Also I'm guessing this loss puts the A's behind the Mariners in the West next year? Either way the AL West and NL Central are easily going to be the most interesting divisions in baseball in 2015.

Between the Chiefs blow win against the Pats, and now the Royals advancing to the ALDS; Kansas City hasn't been this excited since Meth came about.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Did a Kansas City fan really predict that the Royals would beat the Angels in six games? I guess it really has been a long time for them.

Alebelly

Did a Kansas City fan really predict that the Royals would beat the Angels in six games? I guess it really has been a long time for them.

'KC is hot, they are ready, more ready to play ball than they've ever been in their lives'

Is what I'm sure every player on the Angels is well aware of and looking forward to

BFIB

'KC is hot, they are ready, more ready to play ball than they've ever been in their lives'

Is what I'm sure every player on the Angels is well aware of and looking forward to

If anything, the Royals could catch the Angels flat footed. They really haven't played in a meaningful game in over 2 weeks since wrapping up the division.

But then again....something something David Freese.

Alebelly

If anything, the Royals could catch the Angels flat footed. They really haven't played in a meaningful game in over 2 weeks since wrapping up the division.

Angels in 5 v KC, I'll be content with Freese maintaining the wall at 3rd base for this series

Calamari41

41 > 38

That's what I'm worried about, to be honest. There's something to be said for momentum. Still have to favor the Angels to take the series, though.

Angels in 5 v KC, I'll be content with Freese maintaining the wall at 3rd base for this series

You don't see it going to 8 games?

Top Bottom