• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Postseason |OT| Where Chokes Happen™

harSon

Banned
Hurdle deserves 100% of the blame. You don't go into a do or die situation with your 3 or 4 guy. Yeah, Bum's been lights out, but a team's approach to a game is drastically different when it's 0-0 or 1-0 instead of fucking 4-0 on a grandslam in the 4th.

eznark

Banned
FED4B6265271AABE54123A7D6E8CB65C2DE4D1BC
laugh.gif
smile.gif

BFIB

Hurdle deserves 100% of the blame. You don't go into a do or die situation with your 3 or 4 guy. Yeah, Bum's been lights out, but a team's approach to a game is drastically different when it's 0-0 or 1-0 instead of fucking 4-0 on a grandslam in the 4th.
Everyone is going to question Cole starting the other day and not today.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Well I guess it was too much to ask for both wild card games to be entertaining.

I'm still baffled that Volquez was the 'best starter' they could throw out there. Sure he's been getting better since leaving the Reds but no where near starter for a 1 and done play in game.

edit: Oh, OK I didn't realize Hurdle wasted Cole on what ended up to be a throw away game against the Reds. Yea I wouldn't be surprised if there were calls for his firing after that and other questionable decisions throughout the year.

BFIB

James Shields would be a good fit for the Bucs, if the owner can get past the cobwebs in his wallet.

harSon

Banned
Everyone is going to question Cole starting the other day and not today.

It's not even that though. He's been questionable all year, and the last. I've lost count of the amount of games he cost us by refusing to yank a pitcher when they've obviously overstayed their welcome. The Ernesto Frieri experiment alone probably cost us the division.

BFIB

It's not even that though. He's been questionable all year, and the last. I've lost count of the amount of games he cost us by refusing to yank a pitcher when they've obviously overstayed their welcome. The Ernesto Frieri experiment alone probably cost us the division.
Matheny and Hurdle must have read the same managerial guide.

jakncoke

Banned
Would you be down for outing Hurdle?

Depends on who they want to replace him with. Keep in mind despite his lol decisions, one has to factor in that his 3 years here are the most successful for a Pirates coach since Leyland and I dont think we're so abundantly talented that we're getting by on that talent alone. So I imo have to factor that into he obvious been that much a positive force one way or another to our franchise

Well I guess it was too much to ask for both wild card games to be entertaining.

I'm still baffled that Volquez was the 'best starter' they could throw out there. Sure he's been getting better since leaving the Reds but no where near starter for a 1 and done play in game.

edit: Oh, OK I didn't realize Hurdle wasted Cole on what ended up to be a throw away game against the Reds. Yea I wouldn't be surprised if there were calls for his firing after that and other questionable decisions throughout the year.

Apparently he asked the team about it and they said to pitch Cole on the extremely off chance they would tie the Cardinals for the division (and would then have to do a game 163 with Volquez anyway for the division)

Can't say it was a very good choice. but I guess if you feel like you have a chance you go all in

Top Bottom