• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Postseason |OT| Where Chokes Happen™

BFIB

867302197.gif
This .gif perfectly sums up this series.

jman2050

You assholes had two chances to nip the Red Sox and their lucky asses in the bud and you choked both times.

The cardinals are dead to me.

You mad or nah ? It's okay that you don't know the difference between LA and OC. BREH ;)

No salt here

Angels deserved to lose Terrible defense and even worse offense.

Actually I don't give two shits whether it's LA or Anahaeim or whatever the hell It is. Bottom line is that LA/California fans are notorious for arriving late and leaving early. You'd think a baseball fan would know it's not over until the last out but there they were leaving even before the second out was recorded.

Actually I don't give two shits whether it's LA or Anahaeim or whatever the hell It is. Bottom line is that LA/California fans are notorious for arriving late and leaving early. You'd think a baseball fan would know it's not over until the last out but there they were leaving even before the second out was recorded.

well in our defense we do have the best weather and hottest babes!

west coast still best coast!

Askani

It will be nice to have a day to recuperate tomorrow. I'm tired, and I haven't done jack shit, so they have to be on fumes. Go Team! Go Royals!

aFIGurANT

This was one awesome day of baseball.

I've decided that this day each year needs to be one I take off. Waking up in the second inning of the first AL game and not stopping until like 11:30 at night = bliss.

The quality of the games really, really helped though.

Yeah I was actually surprised at not only how quiet the bar got when the Cards came back, but how everyone stopped paying attention to the tv. I was at a hipster bar at the base of my office building in DTLA, not a sports bar, so that could definitely be why.

I've decided that this day each year needs to be one I take off. Waking up in the second inning of the first AL game and not stopping until like 11:30 at night = bliss.

The quality of the games really, really helped though.

I got up around the same time, and except for feeding the cat and moving my dirty laundry from the bedroom to the living room in the vain attempt to remember to do it, I was planted on my couch until twenty minutes ago watching baseball.

I'll tell you what, the quality of MLB.TV has pretty much sold me on getting the regular season package. I avoided it because of the existence of local blackouts, but so far Unblock-Us has worked like a charm, so I should be able to watch the Brewers choke down the stretch without having to pay for cable to do so!

zulux21

well in our defense we do have the best weather and hottest babes!

west coast still best coast!

your weather would make me super depressed for many months each year. Winter is my favorite time of year and it's not winter without 10 degree temps and a foot of snow on the ground :p

Today was indeed a good day of baseball... for the most part... wish the nats would have won but it was a fun game to watch anyways... I need to Nats to come back and win it otherwise I won't have any reason to watch the NL :/

Hey man, don't put tonight on the Dodgers. They actually pulled their weight tonight.

It was Clayton Manning who choked. What awful pitch selection that inning.
Kinda unfair to pin all of the blame on Kershaw. Bulk of the blame should go to Mattingly for not pulling him. You can't let an inning spiral out of control like that in a playoff game. Those hits early in the inning weren't bloopers or seeing eye singles.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Kinda unfair to pin all of the blame on Kershaw. Bulk of the blame should go to Mattingly for not pulling him. You can't let an inning spiral out of control like that in a playoff game. Those hits early in the inning weren't bloopers or seeing eye singles.
But even an ineffectual Kershaw going through the lineup for the nth time is better than any Dodgers reliever.

kershaw has battled through those types of innings recently though

vs SF he gave up 7 hits (1 short of this game) and only 1 ER

he just didn't have it

the cardinals and matt carpenter are his "daddy" as pedro would say

harSon

Banned
All that's happening is that all of the good teams are being outed early, paving the way for SF to win another goddamned world series.

Yeah, it really was. If the Dodgers end up beating the Cardinals in the series, it was fun and I Hope the Dodgers do well afterwards.

It probably helps that I'm not exactly a die-hard baseball fan. If the Chargers lose the Rams this year I would not take it nearly as well.

My adrenaline was really pumping that last at bat. Down 1, 2 outs, man on 3rd, and Puig up. Can't ask for a more dramatic scenario than that.

JDeluis

Well tomorrow's a new day and a new game.

Ain't that the truth, Vinny.

I always watch postseason games, but I can't watch tomorrow. This year due to different circumstances in my life I am emotionally attached to the Dodgers. I started crying like a baby after they gave up those 8 runs. the wife doesn't even want to talk to me.

If they were losing from the beginning I could accept it, but choking away the game like that from the best player on the team that is a disaster. I respect you guys for keeping your cool.

Alebelly

Ugh, my Angels decided a great time to take a slumber

Both those play-in teams look strong

Fucking Kershaw, what the hell was that?

At least, being in Berkeley, I get to go have a great time watching the Giants play, good times!

Kershaw was tipping his pitches a bit, that and him not being battle tested caused the implosion.

I can already see CJ Wilson trembling on the mound....

That's just so Cal.

Calamari41

41 > 38

Do you think anyone who lives here gives a shit about what people from wherever you're from think about their baseball viewing habits?

And whoever I was talking to the other day discussing the chances of the Angels slumping big time all together at the same time, you were right breh. They're out there looking like they don't even want it, very disappointing.

If someone had told me last week that our pitching staff was going to allow three earned runs over 18 regulation innings and that we would still lose both games, I would have laughed.

Do you think anyone who lives here gives a shit about what people from wherever you're from think about their baseball viewing habits?

And whoever I was talking to the other day discussing the chances of the Angels slumping big time all together at the same time, you were right breh. They're out there looking like they don't even want it, very disappointing.

If someone had told me last week that our pitching staff was going to allow three earned runs over 18 regulation innings and that we would still lose both games, I would have laughed.

NYC BREH. Home of baseball. Why so mad? I'm pointing what was on the TV. Fans were leaving and the game wasn't over. And then they got a runner on with their middle of their lineup coming up. Anything could have happened. I'm just pointing out the obvious, if you don't like it ignore it I guess.

Top Bottom