• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Postseason |OT| Where Chokes Happen™

At a wedding tonight and didn't follow the game. Looked like a close one though. I'm happy to see what appears to be a competitive series unfolding.

aFIGurANT

Good game. Just too bad the blown call in the third may have been the difference
Which call was that? Unless you mean the double play that wasn't meant to be?

Unless maybe,
images

Man Dodger fans are a lot meaner and confrontational in real life. Also it is really hard to find your car in the stadium parking lot.

I've never seen it. Maybe it's because I usually sit in the first level when I go. Also how can you not find your car? Each section has a number given to it.

Fuck Donny for pulling Greinke, but thank god the Dodgers won. The last couple days have been brutal in the most cosmically bizarre way.

So drunk...had a few drinks too many celebrating after the 18-inning win.
Here's a gif of Belt saying 'F it, it's the 18th i'm doing a bat flip':
beltflip.gif

Which call was that? Unless you mean the double play that wasn't meant to be?

Unless maybe,
images

If the ump hadn't incorrectly called Greinke out, it's probably a double play anyway because he wasn't anywhere near 2nd base and had actually run out of the baseline. But because Adams thought Greinke was out, he didn't throw. And because Greinke was going back to the dugout right after he thought he was tagged, we don't know for sure if he would have made it to second (probably not, though).

It's a definite flaw with instant replay. The call that was made was probably for the best given the extreme ambiguity with plays like this. It seemed like a bad application of a rule to me, but that's baseball

Makes me wonder if players will just be taught to complete plays regardless of what the umpires do. You kind of already see that with some like plays at the plate or a runner running past 3rd because the third out could be overturned. Will definitely be confusing if it happens

Top Bottom