• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Postseason |OT| Where Chokes Happen™

devilhawk

Angels fans saying they should cut Hamilton or he should retire. I'm sure Josh is just going to walk out on $89 million due to him the next three years. Good luck with that!

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Best baseball game I have ever been to! Crowd could not have been better. Tons of action, excellent relief work for the Royals, the playoff sweep of the best record Angels, etc.

I work over the phone and I am completely hoarse, lol!

Chuck

Still without luck
dramatic reenactment of recent happenings

bird-divebombs-tiger.gif

I don't feel good about playing the Royals. Just had a gut feeling that the O's were beating Detroit, and I'd have felt just as confident playing the Angels. But I don't feel that about KC. No real logic, just a sense. Either way, the good guys will be representing the AL in the World Series this year.

congrats to you guys in Royals-GAF. Duane, JD, Askani. enjoy it. watching your team in the postseason for the first time is so fun. especially when the whole city gets in on it.

Calamari41

41 > 38
God damn, congratulations to Royals Nation. Never seen an Angels choke job quite like that before. Not to say that you guys didn't curb stomp, though... if you keep this up I don't see how anybody left in this thing is going to stop you.

Edit: though the Angels did choke, the Royals' defense played absolutely out of their minds and robbed them of many hits and runs throughout the three games. Hats way off to them, especially in the outfield. The quality of play at right and center, especially in game one, won this series.

Syrinx

Whoever wins the ALCS is the team I'm rooting for in the World Series. In the meantime, I hope the Dodgers win the NL Pennant.

Askani

KansasCity.com said:
By now, you have probably heard about Eric Hosmer and a bunch of his teammates using social media to invite friends to a bar downtown. You probably heard about the champagne being sprayed and that Hosmer — how cool is this? — bought drinks for everyone there.

But in the middle of that epic party after making the American League Championship Series, there was something else that tells a small but awesome story about a team and a town. The Royals star grabbed a bottle of champagne and handed it to a new friend of his, a salesman for a construction company. Hosmer told his friend to spray the crowd.

“You’re a part of this as much as we are,” Hosmer told him.

Hosmer’s friend is Tim Grimes. He’s 28 years old, a lifelong Royals fan, and recently diagnosed with stage IV cancer. Doctors have given Grimes around a year to live, and ever since the Royals heard about him, they’ve adopted him as one of their own. Grimes has been invited to watch batting practice on the field, sat in the Buck O’Neil seat, and watched Sunday night’s clincher from the team president’s Crown Seats.

This story is about more than just Grimes, and more than the way the team embraced SungWoo Lee, the fan from South Korea whose visit to Kansas City coincided with the team’s rise up the standings. This is a story about a group of baseball players accomplishing more than almost any of them ever have before, and their fundamental understanding that this is about something so much bigger than making and advancing in the playoffs.

More at link: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article2535406.html

Top Bottom