• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Postseason |OT| Where Chokes Happen™

Cards lineup is out. 4 lefties in against Ryu.
No way Marp is sitting. We don't have a better option at 1B than Adams. Wong should be starting over Kozma/Ellis anyway. And Jay can hold his own against LHP (I wouldn't mind a Holliday/Bourjos/Grichuk OF against lefties though).

EDIT: Oh, and apparently, Ryu has better numbers against RHBs anyway.

JDeluis

It might sound crazy, but if Dodgers win tonight with Ryu, I would rather have Harren start game 4 to give Kershaw more rest time. If they lose, than put in Kershaw.

It might sound crazy, but if Dodgers win tonight with Ryu, I would rather have Harren start game 4 to give Kershaw more rest time. If they lose, than put in Kershaw.
Yup. It's extremely early to make that decision unless Don really doesn't believe in Ryu tonight. I mean the guy is coming back from shoulder problems but this is sounding like he's raising the white flag before the game has started.

BFIB

Yup. It's extremely early to make that decision unless Don really doesn't believe in Ryu tonight. I mean the guy is coming back from shoulder problems but this is sounding like he's raising the white flag before the game has started.

Cards are going to have to chase Ryu early. And by chase, have our 3-4-5 hitters not go 0-14.

BFIB

Ryu is probably on a short leash anyway since it's been a month since he last pitched.

Or not, because Don Mattingly.

I feel pretty confident in tonights game. I know Lackey hasn't been great, but this is the type of game that Mo made the move for.

If its down to Kersh in game 4, then I'm assuming its Kershaw with Grienke for a few innings if need be. Tonight is about as must win as it gets.

JDeluis

Exactly. Haren needs to get some playing time to at least give him some confidence. By announcing this decision so early he is giving the Cardinals the win and not having any trust in Haren.

Unless he's playing with the Cardinals head. I don't know why you wouldn't wait till tomorrow to announce this decision.

i just can't see resting the season on dan haren.. no matter how bad kershaw has been against the cardinals

its the kind of thing you would be kicking yourself all off season over.. live and die by your ace

and if they win tonight it then greinke gets another start worst case

also if ryu struggles tonight i imagine haren is the long relief which would make him unavailable anyway

i just can't see resting the season on dan haren.. no matter how bad kershaw has been against the cardinals

its the kind of thing you would be kicking yourself all off season over.. live and die by your ace

and if they win tonight it also then greinke gets another start

Right, I would think Kershaw on short rest + Greinke is a much better option than Haren + Kershaw no matter how you look at it.

Still probably no reason to announce it today than tomorrow, though

JDeluis

Game 1 of the NLCS is Oct 11, so Kershaw would only get 4 days of rest and Grienke would only have 3 if he were to pitch game 5 (if necessary) and start game 2 of the NLCS on Oct 12.

If they don't need game 5, then Grienke would open up game 1 and Kershaw would have 5 days rest to start game 2.

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!

Xamdou

Its great that mlb put the playoffs on channels that everyone has access to....

I know right? I subbed anyway to that digital+ package deal from Comcast for $10 more a month just to watch Todays's Sf Giants vs Nats game... Couldn't say no since Bum is pitching.

zychi

Banned
I really can't watch the mlbn game without paying for the channel?

I pay for MLBtv, I have fucking fox sports 1 in my cable package. So annoying.

e: proxy worked. so stupid.

Top Bottom