• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight's lineup at MIA (7:10, SS/680AM/BRN): Heyward 9 Pena 5 Freeman 3 Gattis 2 Doumit 7 Simmons 6 Schafer 8 Pastornicky 4 Wood 1

https://twitter.com/Braves/status/461228455544487936

Well that's not quite the lineup I would have liked against Jose Fernandez... At least there's no Uggla?

Ha. I saw this on Rotoworld:

"Both of the Upton brothers and third baseman Chris Johnson will take a seat against Marlins ace Jose Fernandez. It's a white flag from Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez."

Kinda weird, though, since Alex Wood was nearly as good as Jose when they matched up last week.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Ha. I saw this on Rotoworld:

"Both of the Upton brothers and third baseman Chris Johnson will take a seat against Marlins ace Jose Fernandez. It's a white flag from Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez."

Kinda weird, though, since Alex Wood was nearly as good as Jose when they matched up last week.
I don't mind the infield substitutions. Sitting the Uptons is silly, though.

Kingbrave

David O'Brien ‏@ajcbraves 12m

Minor will start Friday return to rotation in place of Hale. Roster move won't come til later in week

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I wonder why Reds didn't consider playing todays game a bit earlier. Supposed to be getting really hairy weather later on tonight. Not great for a 7:10 game.

Chris R

If the baseball gods are good the game will be a blowout one way or the other by the time I get home from work in 2.5 hours so I won't be tempted to watch it and get sad :( Go mariners :(

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Reds delayed a half hour. I wouldn't be surprised if the game was scrapped completely. Got severe thunderstorms and 60 mph winds heading in.

Wonder if they will do a double header tomorrow if so.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Soooo Fredi is loading this lineup up with lefties based on the splits from 5 starts?

2014 wOBA

vs. L: .332
vs. R: .131

Career

vs L. .264
vs. R. .204

I'd rather take my chances with Justin in the lineup, might run into one

Also, marlins park is pretty big and Wood seems to be more of a fly ball pitcher. So putting Doumit is out in LF.....

Frediball? Frediball.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Soooo Fredi is loading this lineup up with lefties based on the splits from 5 starts?

2014 wOBA

vs. L: .332
vs. R: .131

Career

vs L. .264
vs. R. .204

I'd rather take my chances with Justin in the lineup, might run into one

Also, marlins park is pretty big and Wood seems to be more of a fly ball pitcher. So putting Doumit is out in LF.....

Frediball? Frediball.
Flyball pitcher? The guy with the 50.3% career GB%?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom