• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOOTE

... Blues are finished so it's opening day of baseball season for me. Went to the Cardinals game today wearing my Blues jersey, got on TV for it. So that was cool. Go Cards.

Sanjuro

I don't know. I've met people that haven't watched baseball, but never really asked that question. I'm testing to see if you are one of the new robot umps, but trying to break protocol and love.

The answer is it just isn't. You can only become out from a foul if someone catches the ball, so batters use it to slap away lousy strikes or stretch at-bats.

I don't know. I've met people that haven't watched baseball, but never really asked that question. I'm testing to see if you are one of the new robot umps, but trying to break protocol and love.

The answer is it just isn't. You can only become out from a foul if someone catches the ball, so batters use it to slap away lousy strikes or stretch at-bats.

Okay. Just seems to me it's be more consistent and less confusing if they made it one way or the other. Either have all fouls count as strikes or all fouls count as mulligans.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Okay. Just seems to me it's be more consistent and less confusing if they made it one way or the other. Either have all fouls count as strikes or all fouls count as mulligans.
It is not confusing at all. Fouls count as strikes unless you have 2 strikes already.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

You can also bunt it foul with two strikes and get out!

That has always been sort of weird to me.

I think there was a point a long time ago where fouling a ball with 2 strikes meant you were out. That gives a pitcher a huge advantage and having fouls not being called strikes is one for the batter.

Pepiope

Do we really want to review if it hit him or not?

We have the lead, we have Robetson. If Soriano grounds into a DP then it's still a tie game.

Edit: That was the next pitch. Haha

cashman

Banned
Found this cool and fun stat about Kyle Seager on LSB:

Kyle Seager career OPS+ vs Divisional opponents
LAA-81
Oak-43
Houston-71
Texas-146

BFIB

Its been a long weekend, but I see the Cards are finally doing some shuffling.

Welcome to The Show Grichuk and Greg Garcia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom