• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
B Ham might be the best defensive CF in the game right now. Jesus what a catch.

There are like 16 people at GABP tonight. I should have went even though the team is awful right now.

DietRob

And now it looks like Hamilton is hurt after that diving catch.

Damn.. Gomez just robbed Votto again.. same as last year lol

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
oh wtf

why

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/01/braves-chris-johnson-agree-to-three-year-extension/
According to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, the Braves have signed third baseman Chris Johnson to a three-year extension with a club option for 2018. This confirms a report from Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors.

No word yet on the exact terms involved, but the deal will buy out his final two years of arbitration and at least one year of free agency. Johnson is making $4.75 million this season in his second year of arbitration. Because he was a Super Two player, he gets four years of arbitration as opposed to the usual three.

Johnson is hitting just .231 with one home run and a .590 OPS so far this season, but he owns a .286/.324/.433 batting line in the majors and had a career-high .321 batting average last year. The 29-year-old is just the latest player to be locked up by the Braves, joining Freddie Freeman, Andrelton Simmons, Julio Teheran, and Craig Kimbrel.

Chuck

Still without luck
win-column.gif

now time for game 2!

aww Steve :3 we're glad you're back too!

Sanjuro

I think the interest is out on Drew. He literally had one of the worst playoffs statistically possible, but the guy is just such a consistent on defense it's astounding.

Malo

Banned
I think the interest is out on Drew. He literally had one of the worst playoffs statistically possible, but the guy is just such a consistent on defense it's astounding.
At this point with the draft being so close nobody wants to give up their 1st round pick. I'll be surprised if he's still unsigned a week after the draft.

DietRob

Only people that can hit the ball on our team is our catchers.

Career HR #1 for young catcher Tucker Barnhart. Way to go kid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom