• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
qoSx9ci.gif

BFIB

Oscar Tavares is in the lineup today. Matheny also states that Grichuk will see most of the playing time in Center for the next few days. I think Bourjos time is about done.

JCizzle

Gonna regret that when Baez-Bryant are destroying the NL. Seriously it's like everyone I talk to is so impatiant about our rebuilding process. We have one of the best farm systems in baseball and its only a matter of time until we will compete for a playoff spot.

Yep, I agree with you. I hear some Cubs fans are calling Theo cheap, which is short sighted. Let the kids develop for another year or two, then make a free agency splash or two when there is an actual chance to compete.

Oscar Tavares is in the lineup today. Matheny also states that Grichuk will see most of the playing time in Center for the next few days. I think Bourjos time is about done.

Unfortunate because there are so many times with Jay in CF I think "Bourjos makes that catch" while Jay allows a double or whatever. But Bourjos's bat really wasn't there at all, even if he was incredibly fun to watch on the basepaths.

zroid

Banned
Gotta feel bad for that kid. God damn.

Tough to say how Stroman will respond to a situation like this. Hope he keeps focused. Plenty of time for KC to rally if he gives them the opportunity.

Unfortunate because there are so many times with Jay in CF I think "Bourjos makes that catch" while Jay allows a double or whatever. But Bourjos's bat really wasn't there at all, even if he was incredibly fun to watch on the basepaths.
He's been basically Kozma+ in center. Which would be fine if the rest of the lineup was hitting well.

Looks like we have a bunch of slightly above average bats but nobody really crushing the ball right now. Add in the subpar numbers with RISP (and a lack of HR power) and we have a blech offense.

BFIB

He's been basically Kozma+ in center. Which would be fine if the rest of the lineup was hitting well.

Looks like we have a bunch of slightly above average bats but nobody really crushing the ball right now. Add in the subpar numbers with RISP (and a lack of HR power) and we have a blech offense.

No way the Cards could replicate the RISP numbers from last year. But I did not think our offense would be this terrible.

Oscar Taveras's first major league hit was one of those mythical home runs I see talked about a lot.

JP Arencibia did this in his first game so don't get too excited

He started in his first major league game for the Toronto Blue Jays on August 7, 2010 against the Tampa Bay Rays. In his first at-bat, Arencibia hit a two-run home run on the first pitch from James Shields, becoming the 28th player in history to hit a home run on his first major league pitch.[7] In his following plate appearances, he hit a double, a single and then a solo home run and received a curtain call from the fans at the Rogers Centre while finishing the game just a triple shy of hitting for the cycle. Arencibia is the fifth player ever to hit two home runs in his first game. In addition, he became the first person in the modern era with four hits and two home runs in a major league debut, a feat set 121 years before by Columbus Solons catcher Charlie Reilly.[8]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom