• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parch

A six man rotation? They want to have Stroman starting, either majors or AAA. That long relief role doesn't keep him stretched out.
If the Jays had the pitching depth I'm sure they'd rather just leave him alone to develop in AAA instead of jerking him around.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Stros crowd depresses me always.

Hope for another SpringerDinger.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Of course I get to watch the Stros on tv and they're getting no hit so far by a scrub and now just got robbed by a former stro of at least an rbi single... figures lol

Parch

Happ serving up cookies, and KC feasts.

Strange how some series matchup. New team shows up and it's a completely different set of games.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/i-wish-we-could-get-guys-like-that/

flow_chart-1.png

Blanco remained in Triple-A in the Nationals organization, where his performance got worse. Turns out, he had bone spurs in his wrist, and their removal ended his season early. The Giants, as you can see in the link in the previous sentence, had noticed his very healthy OBP, and took a chance on him. They had their hitting coach, Hensley Meulens, work with him, and he would win the Most Valuable Player Award in the Venezuelan Winter League that year. He went on to become an important part of the Giants’ 2012 World Series team, and was even better last year. He has not started as strong this year, but the Giants are now 6.2 WAR in the black on the Blanco transaction, and that has to feel pretty sweet.

Again, the point of this post isn’t to criticize the Braves, Royals, Blue Jays or Nationals for discarding useful major league players. It’s simply to illustrate just how fragile success is in the majors, and how fates turn quickly. After being discarded by two organizations, Blanco would play a semi-starring role in October. Chavez woke up this morning leading a very good A’s pitching staff in strikeouts. Meanwhile, Farnsworth and Ankiel spent just a couple of months in Atlanta.

Thanks again Braves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom