• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rando14

HrGEduH.jpg

lol damn it darkside

carlos

that's a call you don't see too often (calling a bunter out because the ball hit him outside the batters box).
his body was completely out of the box, but a foot was still in it; unsure what the rule is.

I see that Greg Walker took his magic from Chicago to Atlanta and nothing has changed. Hitters with no clue how to hit an outside pitch and trying to lift and pull everything.

To be fair Iwakuma is one of the best pitchers in the game...

He is good, but the approach of the Braves is just awful. They are exactly doing what he wants them to do. And it's not like the Braves offense is what keeps them over .500
I know it's an tired old cliche, but you have to beat pitchers like Iwakuma/Buehrle/Fister the other way.

Btw. I can't believe the draft is already tomorrow. One of Aiken/Kolek/Rodon will be in the White Sox organization tomorrow. Good thing the consensus top 3 picks are all pitchers or the Sox would have found a way to mess it up.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Chris Johnson is so terrible, he's gonna be our new Uggla as soon as....well as soon as right now.

CJ is sitting at -1.3 bWAR currently, and that doesn't include today. Uggla is -0.7 this year. Uggla was a -1.3 bWAR player over ALL of 2013.

Chris Johnson needs to go.

zulux21

Btw. I can't believe the draft is already tomorrow. One of Aiken/Kolek/Rodon will be in the White Sox organization tomorrow. Good thing the consensus top 3 picks are all pitchers or the Sox would have found a way to mess it up.

If Carlos Rodon is still there for pick three I imagine he will be the white sox pick, otherwise I fully expect it to be Aaron Nola

If Carlos Rodon is still there for pick three I imagine he will be the white sox pick, otherwise I fully expect it to be Aaron Nola

I think all the recent Nola love is a smoke screen. Or a backup plan if there are signability issues with Rodon/Kolek/Aiken.
But Nola at underslot could also free up some money to draft someone in later rounds with signability issues like they did with Michalczewski and Engel last year. So I would be fine with that pick as well

zulux21

I think all the recent Nola love is a smoke screen. Or a backup plan if there are signability issues with Rodon/Kolek/Aiken.
But Nola at underslot could also free up some money to draft someone in later rounds with signability issues like they did with Michalczewski and Engel last year. So I would be fine with that pick as well

it wouldn't be a money thing, it's the simple fact that he is the second highest rated non high school player and the white sox aren't huge fans of high school players (it was either rick or kenny that said there is far greater risk with them and they bust more than 50% more often then college players) The white sox don't get draft picks like this often and they will likely rather take the slightly less well received pitcher over a more risky high school player.

Beyond that the white sox are actually not only still in the running for the season, but need pitching help, and Nola could potentially take the Chris Sale route and get into the majors as a reviler in the season he is signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom