• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Have you no shame? Rays were projected to win the division.

I'm a realist. Our minor leagues are a mess right now, this season is over. They really need to move Price already and anybody else of value without lasting for the long haul. And obviously at that point you want your team to suck as much as possible to get the best possible talent - sucking for a while was how the Rays built up this current run in the first place.

zroid

Banned
Salty that Dickey got the win today after shitting it up for 5.0 innings while Hutchison was a beast yesterday but gets no credit. :mad:

edit: after watching a recap I saw Dickey made a couple great fielding plays in the 5th, so I'll give him that!

zulux21

the guys reviewing that white sox play must have had a better angle then the white sox feed as it sure as hell wasn't definitive to me....

of course I was rooting for him to be safe as with such a bone headed play as that the white sox deserved to have to deal with the end results..... god that was so stupid.

I'm a realist. Our minor leagues are a mess right now, this season is over. They really need to move Price already and anybody else of value without lasting for the long haul. And obviously at that point you want your team to suck as much as possible to get the best possible talent - sucking for a while was how the Rays built up this current run in the first place.

the last "run" didn't yield anything of worth. couple of playoff appearances and a wrold series? time for new owners or hopefully the new commish helps them move out of Tampa Bay.

yes of course. gene put that team together. zim ran it.

yes all true, still unneccessary to shit on Torre, unless you're related to the Steinbrenners?

zulux21

So if Robin was smart he should have announced he was playing the game under protest, as the ump never did call time out with the walk screw up, and the runner who jogged to second did so without being tagged, and thus should have remained on second since the game was still live (and arguably if the dodgers had tagged him he should have been out). I do not believe he did so though.

zulux21

1 ER this whole series against the fucking white sox..

only hit this game, a bunt

While the white sox are doing better than expected, their pitching is also better then the numbers would lead you to believe (still need at least one more starter and a real closer but still). They have been a lot better for the last 3-4 weeks then they were in the first 4 weeks.

Still hope that the white sox get Rodon and have him in the bullpen later this year.

shut down by belly again..

jZOOjDsb4wU1m.jpg
jZOOjDsb4wU1m.jpg
jZOOjDsb4wU1m.jpg
jZOOjDsb4wU1m.jpg

Zee-Row

Banned
the last "run" didn't yield anything of worth. couple of playoff appearances and a wrold series? time for new owners or hopefully the new commish helps them move out of Tampa Bay.

Oh hell no. They are going to stay in Tampa Bay if I have anything to say about it. They just need a new stadium in Downtown Tampa.

Uh oh, Edwin is day-to-day with back tightness

Juan Francisco turning out to be awesome has made this a little less scary. Not that the Jays aren't hurt without EE in the line-up, but on a day-to-day basis, the drop-off isn't so huge that it cripples the team.

That said, if this is the beginning of the annual "Everyone to the DL!" rush, it'll be painful to watch.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Coors Field is a video game.
And it's great.

Is that because it gets cold enough to freeze? Then does it boot you to the OS? Does the ball warp around and fielders see one thing while batters see another? Baserunning super difficult and finicky?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Excited for the Braves to pick a bunch of 1-pitch pitchers and speedy middle-infielders. The farm will be out of the doldrums in no time!

cashman

Banned
So why does the MLB draft get next to no coverage compared to the other major sports?

Three big reasons

1. Nobody really watches College Baseball
2. Unless you're a scout you probably haven't even heard of the random high school players
3. Most of the players are 3+ years from actually making an impact for their big league team

Pretty much outside of the top 10, nobody really knows much about any of the picks or how long it will take them to come up to the majors.

Parch

Zero faith in Happ. Might be a challenge today without EE in the lineup.

I hope Stroman becomes a trusted regular in the rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom