• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

As much as we make fun of them, to be honest they were at least competitive with Uribe in the lineup. At least every now and again he'd jack a homer.

Uribe is an odd little lizard man (unless his swing has changed since his white sox days his swing and run out of his swing reminded me of lizard movements) but he isn't a bad player over all... I wish the white sox had moved him to third though.... I wanted him off my team as a short stop because I was worried he was going to take out my third baseman... or my pitcher... or my second baseman... or my center fielder, or my left fielder.... or heck my first basemen... and think once he almost ran into my catcher as well.... He was committed to get balls whether there were other players in the way or not... at third he would have been less likely to run into some people... As a batter he would often suck... and then carry the team for two weeks, then suck for a month again... he was interesting to watch to say the least.

see5harp

Yea I think we all laugh at him because of how unbelievably streaky he can be. He strikes out a lot. When Uribe hits a damn homer though, it's like the prettiest swing ever. Majestic even. And I swear to god somehow he always comes through for the Dodgers when they play the Giants.

jakncoke

Banned
came across that Duke Welker joining the robo arm army this year. Pirates having some real bad luck with pitching arms this year.

Sorry E he gonna be around for along time til Puig is done with baseball
He's also has the best clothing.

040814js004.jpg
Bklwz6ZCYAAm7DN.jpg

Xater

So why do people flip out over this whole draft thing? No sport over here has an equivalent to this and while I get that you can snap up an interesting talent there is kinda no guarantee on anything right? These are young guys and you don't really know how they develop and on top of that they will not show up in the MLB for years. Am I missing something here?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Planning on heading to the ballpark today for the Mest game. We'll see how Cain does in his first game back.

see5harp

Planning on heading to the ballpark today for the Mest game. We'll see how Cain does in his first game back.

Nice. He looked really good before pulling him hammy in that game. At this point the only guy that has looked consistently inconsistent this season is Timmy.

zulux21

So why do people flip out over this whole draft thing? No sport over here has an equivalent to this and while I get that you can snap up an interesting talent there is kinda no guarantee on anything right? These are young guys and you don't really know how they develop and on top of that they will not show up in the MLB for years. Am I missing something here?

the high school players won't show up for a while, so you have to hope their raw talent will pan out, but a number of the decent college players will show up next season (or perhaps even this season) for example when Chris sale was drafted he got to the majors 2 months later and has been dominating since, so some of the players make a difference quickly.

In general it's a glimpse into the future of your franchise, which usually helps tell you what the higher ups want from your team.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Gammons: Utley trade could decide NL pennant

MLB Network's Peter Gammons joined Philly Sports Talk on Wednesday to talk about the Phils' various trade possibilities, and he had an interesting comment regarding Utley's value.

"A general manager said to me that he thought the National League would be decided by whether the Dodgers or the Giants got Chase Utley," said Gammons, who went on to call Utley one of his 15 favorite players in the 43 years he's covered baseball. "There comes a point where you have to think about doing really unpleasant things to completely retool. ...

"In terms of Utley, again, to me, he is the model player, but a team like the Giants, every scout I've talked to tells me they might have the best pitching in Double A of any team in baseball. If you get three pitchers for Chase Utley out of that Giants organization, you have a chance to be -- two years from now -- restore that pitching to where it should be."

3 prospects for Utley? Sabean, nooooooooooooooo...

Malvingt2

David O'Brien ‏@ajcbraves
#Braves take 6-7 RHP Max Povse from UNC Greensboro, with third round pick (102 overall) high risk, high reward power pitcher

jakncoke

Banned
Another OF, just what in the fuck? How much are we going to invest in the OF? We paid 5 million for Josh Bell, 1.6 or whatever for Harold Ramirez, 1st rounder on Austin Meadows last year and now 3 OF already, these people better be getting drafted with the intent the move.

Malvingt2

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman
The #Braves took University of Miami LHP Chris Diaz in the fifth round. That's four straight pitchers

Malvingt2

We need up the middle talent just as much.

I see... The Braves need third base talent but they are like "fuck that"

And

Max Povse ‏@TallWall22
So incredibly honored to be apart of such an amazing organization like the Atlanta Braves!! Can't wait to get started #blessed #chopcity

Yea I think we all laugh at him because of how unbelievably streaky he can be. He strikes out a lot. When Uribe hits a damn homer though, it's like the prettiest swing ever. Majestic even. And I swear to god somehow he always comes through for the Dodgers when they play the Giants.

yep

lmkUtjs.gif

he was playing good before he got hurt.. turner has done a good job filling in but i think uribe gives the lineup a morale boost

Malvingt2

David O'Brien ‏@ajcbraves
Sixth round #Braves go with CF Keith Curcio from Florida Southern, same school where Gus Schlosser went

oh... Another OF.

This is old but wow, just saw this when I was poking around on espn.com:
"I really think you should talk to (the players); I'm tired of answering questions, honestly," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. "We're just not that good. We're just not getting it done."
"Well, home, away, whatever, I don’t know that that’s got anything to do with it," Mattingly said. "It’s just being basically s----. We’re just not that good."
Best manager.

Xater

Any recommendations for a good baseball podcast? I still haven't found an adequate replacement for Baseball Today.

I still haven't found anything I like. Well I have one but that one is probably not going to help you because it actually is in German. I would like something English as well though. The guys I am listening to are pretty cool though and also report on the German league and even made me go to my first ballgame last Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom