• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malvingt2

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman

Sprayberry High School's Michael Chavis was selected by the Red Sox. He was the top position player on the #Braves wish list.

oh oh oh

jakncoke

Banned
Who knows. Mike Minor was considered a major reach, and he's turned out OK.

Yeah true, im glad its a SS though. Im not sold on Allen Hanson and its obvious Mercer is a turd and Im not sure we have anything else in the system for ss worth mentioning unless im slipping over someone.

I mean the mlb.com commercials are bad enough, but after seeing them 30 times I think I will dream about this country singer playing RBI baseball tonight

Malvingt2

an OF? wut?

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman 40s

If @MLBNetwork was around in 1990, I think @RealCJ10 would have sounded a lot like Braxton Davidson

Malvingt2

BpabUSpIQAEhAjw.jpg

edit:

JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm 44s

Braxton Davidson just told us that he is going to sign with the Braves despite commitment to University of North Carolina

zulux21

i'm kind of surprised the 27th ranked guy fell all the way to 44. I don't mind the white sox getting some more pitching though... Sale needs some company to make a solid rotation.

Rodon and Spencer Adams?
Sox having some kind of draft. Now let's hope they can sign both of them.
Rick Hahn's turnaround of the franchise has been nothing short of amazing

edit: Quote from a reliable Sox insider regarding Rodon.
"He was #1 on their board. They are over the moon. I expect a deal to get done quickly."

zulux21

Rodon and Spencer Adams?
Sox having some kind of draft. Now let's hope they can sign both of them.
Rick Hahn's turnaround of the franchise has been nothing short of amazing

edit: Quote from a reliable Sox insider regarding Rodon.
"He was #1 on their board. They are over the moon. I expect a deal to get done quickly."

As I said earlier in this thread, I imagine the white sox will do everything they can to sign Rodon as quickly as possible. Spencer is a while away from the majors so they can take their time with him... though for better or worse they can use their weak minor league pitching situation as a plus that he will be on a faster track to the majors.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Don't give Ned any ideas!

Players he's signed to LA after they were on the Giants:

Brian Wilson
Merkin Valdez
Eugenio Velez
Juan Uribe
Jack Taschner
Ramon Ortiz
Russ Ortiz
Justin Miller
Steve Randolph
Shawn Estes
Erick Threets
Jerome Williams
Ramon Martinez
Mark Sweeney
Mike Myers
Angel Chavez
Shea Hillenbrand
Roberto Hernandez
Jason Schmidt
Kurt Ainsworth
Brett Tomko
Kenny Lofton
Bill Mueller

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Turns out Braxton Davidson is a big Jason Heyward fan, and Barry Bonds is his favorite player of all time.

My man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom