• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paches

And Medina will get the win instead of Felix.

Great illustration for anyone out there still wondering if "Wins" is a valid statistic for player evaluation.

McNei1y

ie69UV3.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Amaro denies mistake was made in Pence trade:

“There was no mistake,” Amaro said. “If someone said that, they are misinformed because it’s absolutely, unequivocally wrong. It’s false.”

On July 29, 2011, the Phillies acquired Pence from Houston for three prospects, pitchers Jarred Cosart and Josh Zeid, and slugging first baseman Jonathan Singleton, and a player to be named later. Two weeks later, that player turned out to be Santana.

Houston’s general manager at the time was Ed Wade, who had previously been the Phillies' GM. He was fired as Astros GM after the 2011 season and is once again working in the Phillies' front office.

“There were three names that they had to have,” explained Amaro, referring to Cosart, Singleton and Zeid. “There was a list of three or four more guys from which they could choose one. I think they wanted more time for evaluation. Santana was on the list because Ed asked for him to be placed on the list. There was no mistake.”

Phillies' SB Nation blog reaction:

In other words, the Phils would rather have us know that they needlessly threw in a legitimate prospect as a player to be named later rather than someone made a bumbling clerical error. I have no reason to believe it isn't the truth, because frankly, this makes the Phillies look even worse, in my eyes.

lol phils

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
SpringerDingers are beautiful :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Singleton Grand slam :O

Thank you Phils lol

They threw at donaldson first. Two nights ago. Twice to the head/upper body, hitting him in the arm the 2nd time

I thought people were expected to have grown out of the "but they did it first!" defense in like 6th grade. Guess it's too much to ask for baseball players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom