• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
The Cubs have contacted teams to let them know Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel are officially available.

Would love to get Samarddzija but the amount of prospects getting him, and the thin chance of a long term deal probably makes that a stupid trade.

Speaking of SP, today we so thin at SP that we are turning to Vance Worley. His 43/4 k/w ratio seems nice. Not that means anything.

eznark

Banned
Would love to get Samarddzija but the amount of prospects getting him, and the thin chance of a long term deal probably makes that a stupid trade.

Speaking of SP, today we so thin at SP that we are turning to Vance Worley. His 43/4 k/w ratio seems nice. Not that means anything.

Why would ostensibly a last place team trade for talent. If anything they'll be moving pieces soon. Maybe the Coward Gerrit Cole will fetch a bucket of balls.

jakncoke

Banned
Why would ostensibly a last place team trade for talent. If anything they'll be moving pieces soon. Maybe the Coward Gerrit Cole will fetch a bucket of balls.

Im not even sure why Im about to acknowledge your existence, but no youre wrong. If we move anybody it will be someone that is non essential to the future. Also its hilarious how long and drawn out your thing for Cole has been. Why wouldnt we buy pieces, we're 1.5 games out of the WC and by the time the trade line comes we could be very well be in one the 2 slots . And lastly do you wake up each morning and drink a cup troll and try to see how many people you can get to fall for your nonsense, its clear you're a not a moron so I don't know why you've embraced the troll character for so long.

eznark

Banned
Im not even sure why Im about to acknowledge your existence, but no youre wrong. If we move anybody it will be someone that is non essential to the future. Also its hilarious how long and drawn out your thing for Cole has been. Why wouldnt we buy pieces, we're 1.5 games out of the WC and by the time the trade line comes we could be very well be in one the 2 slots . And lastly do you wake up each morning and drink a cup troll and try to see how many people you can get to fall for your nonsense, its clear you're a not a moron so I don't know why you've embraced the troll character for so long.

Maybe they can trade for Burnett?

jakncoke

Banned
Gotta love Polanco speed if he indeed beat this out, even if he didnt. Made it damn close

and marte drives him home and gets to 3rd. dat speed

jakncoke

Banned
The top of our lineup is so fucking legit now

Imagine if we could get a legit power hitter to bat behind them that doesnt swing at everything and k 30% of the time

Pirates vs. 93 mph+ fastball are #1 with a .312 average, #2 White Sox .293

edit: Polanco beating out another infield hit

edit; we need about 4 runs before the 9th comes and Grilli enters the game

aFIGurANT

Oh god my hero is officially big Matt Adams. Props to you, Enron, for keeping the faith.

Also it seems like this is STL's game to lose with how killer the defense has been and how squirrelly Jaime has been pitching.

harSon

Banned
Lol.

Our starting rotation normalizes, as does our batting, but now our bullpen is in shambles? Can't they all just be on the same page?

jakncoke

Banned
Ok lets do this!

edit; Blake Taylor completes the Ike Davis trade 2nd round pitcher from last year, lol at Mets fans that thought they could of gotten Austin Meadow.

edit; jesus christ how did we not get a single run there ffs

harSon

Banned
So frustrating.

It's always something different with this team. They're talented but inconsistent across pretty much all phases of the game...

Overlee

DishonestNaughtyAmericanbulldog.gif

Max Speed: 21.1mph
Total Distance: 95ft
Route Efficiency: 97.9%

jakncoke

Banned
I go to bucsdugout and piratesprospects for pirates news, I dont know why people are losing their shit over losing Taylor. Taylor is 18 and far away from making it if he does, he wasnt even in our top 15 ranked prospects even though he drafted in the 2nd round last year.

harSon

Banned
I go to bucsdugout and piratesprospects for pirates news, I dont know why people are losing their shit over losing Taylor. Taylor is 18 and far away from making it if he does, he wasnt even in our top 15 ranked prospects even though he drafted in the 2nd round last year.

People on Bucsdugout lose their shit about everything though

Rosie is fighting the umps as well as himself every time but at least he hasn't broken down in a while, eh?
I don't want a repeat of last year with what happened to Mujica. There were a handful of games in which Mujica didn't need to pitch but the other bullpen guys gave up a run or two late in the game to make it a save situation so Matheny had to trot him out.

aFIGurANT

I don't want a repeat of last year with what happened to Mujica. There were a handful of games in which Mujica didn't need to pitch but the other bullpen guys gave up a run or two late in the game to make it a save situation so Matheny had to trot him out.

I agree that it's a tough call to make to bring the Rosenthal in when the lead is still 3+ but I think that a lot should depend on where in the order we're pitching. Freeman vs. Werth scares me so I can't fault MM today at least. Eventually we will start seeing games that are actual blowouts and not tenuous struggles. Trevor pitching five out of seven days needs to stop for sure, however high I'd like to see the save total get.

I agree that it's a tough call to make to bring the Rosenthal in when the lead is still 3+ but I think that a lot should depend on where in the order we're pitching. Freeman vs. Werth scares me so I can't fault MM today at least. Eventually we will start seeing games that are actual blowouts and not tenuous struggles. Trevor pitching five out of seven days needs to stop for sure, however high I'd like to see the save total get.
Hopefully, the offense is starting to rebound and hit for power again. Otherwise, it'll be more close games.

Fucking Matt Holiday does things only when he's on my bench.
Please bench him more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom