• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa whoa whoa, Giants, you're starting your ninth-inning meltdown one inning too soon!

EDIT: Wow, I can't believe this is happening again. What a joke.

Enron

Banned
Schattenjäger;116717126 said:
Fantasy Gaf:

Does this deserve a protest:

Trout/Revere for Pujols/Buerhle/Markakis and the dude just dropped Markakis

Most definitely. If I were commish, i'd lock both those teams! IRON FIST

Why does BJ hit 2nd? Why not move La Stella up to that spot? How dumb is your manager to keep penciling in a guy barely hitting .200 with a .200 OBP at the top of the order?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Why does BJ hit 2nd? Why not move La Stella up to that spot? How dumb is your manager to keep penciling in a guy barely hitting .200 with a .200 OBP at the top of the order?
Well, as far as hitting TLS 2nd goes, that would give us all 3 of our lefties hitting in a row.

CygnusXS

Yeah, we'd be talking about a defensive downgrade at all 3 outfield positions, and honestly maybe catcher too. Plus a massive offensive downgrade at catcher. Such a terrible idea.

carlos

I remember there was a brave fan here that early in the year hated Gattis; do you still feel the same?

Anyway, bethancourt has been hitting .300 for the last month plus, he had a horrible start in AAA,, so maybe don't look at the whole picture.
But yeah, its too early to give up on BJ and Gattis in LF no es bueno.

CygnusXS

I remember there was a brave fan here that early in the year hated Gattis; do you still feel the same?

Anyway, bethancourt has been hitting .300 for the last month plus, he had a horrible start in AAA,, so maybe don't look at the whole picture.
Might have been me. I was definitely really worried about how he would develop, but he's clearly proven my worries wrong. Couldn't be happier about it.

Enron

Banned

No, that was probably me.

I'm not a big Gattis fan. All he is, is raw power. Although I want him to keep hitting bombs at his recent pace, I know that an 0-for-the-entire-month is coming.

Gattis isn't a very good C behind the dish but he's a gold glover there compared to in Left Field. Holy shit.

eznark

Banned
Let's just take a moment to recognize how bafflingly hilarious it is that the Brewers are still (rightly) carrying Wei Chung Wang. They are winning the division with 24 players.

Suck it central.

jakncoke

Banned
Let's just take a moment to recognize how bafflingly hilarious it is that the Brewers are still (rightly) carrying Wei Chung Wang. They are winning the division with 24 players.

Suck it central.

Why is he at the MLB level? Because he rule 5'd? I was looking at his br page his only other experience stateside is 11 starts/12 games overall pitching in the Gulf Coast League.

eznark

Banned
Why is he at the MLB level? Because he rule 5'd? I was looking at his br page his only other experience stateside is 11 starts/12 games overall pitching in the Gulf Coast League.

Pirates wouldn't trade him to Milwaukee after MIlwaukee drafted him (Pirates didn't protect him because they figured no one would be crazy enough to pick him Rule 5) so Milwaukee said fuck you and is trying to stash him on the active roster all year, then send him to high A next season. I watched a bunch of him in Spring, he is fucking nasty. They have him dialing back his fastball right now from 95 to 89-91 so he is getting battered in the blow outs they let him pitch but the potential is there.

He has to be on the active roster essentially through July before the Brewers can DL him without any sanctions. It's working because 1. they have 10,000 relievers on the 40 man and 2. they have no good bats in the minors so having a 12/13 man pen isn't really hurting them offensively, unless you think losing a Falu at bat or two is the end of the world.

It's fun to watch. Brewers fans seem to hate it but it's a pretty fantastic way to get what will be the #2 arm in their organization next year.

D'Arnaud has five straight games with a hr and hitting like .400 since he's been demoted. Hopefully my man is getting that confidence back up and brings it up to the majors.

Jon

Barry M. Bloom ‏@Boomskie 3m
Tony Gwynn has died, his agent John Boggs just told me. It was the phone call I've been dreading. God bless, Mr. Padre. I love you. @Padres

RIP Tony Gwinn? Was he sick? I had no idea...

One of my best memories is seeing him play at The Vet, and expecting to be blown out, but instead the Phillies beat the Padres and it was awesome. I'm glad I got to see him play...what a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom