• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

ibusKTNBdLyKL.gif

Macattk15

Holy shit.

Fuck Justin Smoak.

Logan Morrison with 2 bombs on the night. 4-4.

He has some legit fucking power.

Morrison has a wRC+ of 921 tonight. Lol.

jakncoke

Banned
Look at their lineup: 3 dudes hitting in the 100s, 3 other dudes hitting below 220, and a pitcher. Basically seth smith, maybin and nobody else worth a crap

Team batting average of .214, if they were to continue that. Has to be a record, no?

fake edit: would be flirting with all time baseball history, White Sox 1910 batted .211 for the AL record low and in the NL . 1888 Washington Nationals .207

razielim

I made it down to KC Friday night to catch the Mariners so I took full credit for this streak so far. Didn't get back home til 2:30 Saturday morning. But the win and some KC bbq was worth it!

People in Toronto and on Twitter keep saying the Jays should go after Zobrist now but haven't seen anyone suggest what they'd have to give up

I can't imagine he'd come cheap. One of the best players in baseball + one of the best GMs + trading within their own division? I'd guess that it'd cost at least Sanchez and two more of these guys, and that's not even considering that other teams would be interested in him, too. Admittedly, the Jays would be getting a massive upgrade at 2B/3B out of it, but the price would probably be steep.

jakncoke

Banned
Any runs Chris Archer (4-4, 3.14 ERA) allows typically wind up being too many given the dismal state of the Rays' offense. The right-hander's 1.95 run-support average since May 1 is the lowest in baseball.

lol rays

Parch

I'd guess that it'd cost at least Sanchez and two more of these guys, and that's not even considering that other teams would be interested in him, too.
Blue Jays don't have great prospects, and trading arms already on the MLB roster (Hutch & Stroman) would just nuke the pitching staff. They need to convince others that those teenage prospects are super duper.

Zobrist would be nice, especially since a big hole is created because Lawrie can't protect his hands on insided pitches. I still think a SP would help the team more than a 2B/3B. Get an arm and deal with the batting lineup with what they've already got, but no matter what the need it's going to be hard to improve without creating another hole.

JDeluis

New lineup change for Dodgers today. No Dee Gordon or Hanley tonight. Justin "The Red Dream" Turner batting first and Puig as a designated hitter tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom