• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Plus, getting a guy like Stanton puts undue heat on the FO immediately. Unless you're already hated by the community like the Marlins.

aFIGurANT

I was just imaging how flowery and conversational all the trade talks go as we inch nearer the deadline this year. Maybe the actual discussions are way deeper and everything but the gist I get from those notes it's really just to-the-point and no-nonsense "would you do this?" talk. Real interesting.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I was just imaging how flowery and conversational all the trade talks go as we inch nearer the deadline this year. Maybe the actual discussions are way deeper and everything but the gist I get from those notes it's really just to-the-point and no-nonsense "would you do this?" talk. Real interesting.

They've released a statement claiming that some portion of it is embellished or a complete fabrication, but they may just be trying to cover for themselves a bit. Who knows.

Chris R

Just realized I think I'll get to see Felix pitch when I'm in Seattle. He usually doesn't play the first game back after the All Star game but does the game or two after that.

I should totally get King's Court tickets.

rando14

Just realized I think I'll get to see Felix pitch when I'm in Seattle. He usually doesn't play the first game back after the All Star game but does the game or two after that.

I should totally get King's Court tickets.

Saw Felix pitch yesterday, twas awesome. King's court looks really fun but I've never sat there (too far for my liking), looks like a great value

BFIB

Mo on the radio pretty much signaled that the Cards are getting a shakeup. And shortly after Taveras was recalled. Looks like Mo is also looking for a right hand 3B and Carp would shift back to second.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Mo on the radio pretty much signaled that the Cards are getting a shakeup. And shortly after Taveras was recalled. Looks like Mo is also looking for a right hand 3B and Carp would shift back to second.

Chris Johnson is totally available.

rando14

Chris Johnson is totally available.

Wtf I just looked up his stats on BR and he has a -1.0 WAR? Literally the worst in the league at 3b

iboED3wknP5pPq.gif

aFIGurANT

Is Wong really that far away on the DL wire and/or so expendable? That's a weird thing to publicize IMO. I like Carp a lot more if his offense is coming from 2B but still, you've got to give Wong the chance that any other team would likely give him. I'll have to check on how the MLB depth-chart is at second again but damn would watching him turn into Phillips (a rough comp but fits given how Montreal shipped him out) burn a lot.

BFIB

Is Wong really that far away on the DL wire and/or so expendable? That's a weird thing to publicize IMO. I like Carp a lot more if his offense is coming from 2B but still, you've got to give Wong the chance that any other team would likely give him. I'll have to check on how the MLB depth-chart is at second again but damn would watching him turn into Phillips (a rough comp but fits given how Montreal shipped him out) burn a lot.
Since we are nearing July, my guess is the Cards don't envision much from him this year. And it could all be smoke too.

Mo referred as the 3B situation as a short term fix, so it sounds like whoever, if they get anyone, would be for this year only.

zychi

Banned
My team(cubs), and my adopted al team (red sox)playing tonight.

Kind of weird considering theyve done it like 3 times the past 30 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom