• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
uribe had to show ethier how a grown man sac fly works

giants get to face wainwright tomorrow too ^_^

They face him on Wednesday. They face Marco Gonzales tomorrow, who's a rookie who was just called up a week ago because 40% of our starting rotation went on the DL in one day.

Still facing Lincecum though, but who knows if the Cardinals will score at all

RGVNOE

They face him on Wednesday. They face Marco Gonzales tomorrow, who's a rookie who was just called up a week ago because 40% of our starting rotation went on the DL in one day.

Still facing Lincecum though, but who knows if the Cardinals will score at all

Actually it's on Tuesday, they dont play tomorrow, either way the team is sucking at the plate pretty bad, I highly doubt we can make playoffs this year, i hope I'm wrong, but it looks like we'll have to regroup for next year.

Actually it's on Tuesday, they dont play tomorrow, either way the team is sucking at the plate pretty bad, I highly doubt we can make playoffs this year, i hope I'm wrong, but it looks like we'll have to regroup for next year.

I mean after being back 10.5 games in late August in 2011, I've learned to never say never. But the pitching staff was really the only thing holding up this team and with Wacha and Garcia out for the whole year I doubt they're going to be able to help the team win if the offense stays the same.

e: if the Cardinals lose Tuesday and the Pirates win, the Cardinals will be in 4th place. Still with a record over .500 though. NL Central is crazy good this year (last year too).

I mean after being back 10.5 games in late August in 2011, I've learned to never say never. But the pitching staff was really the only thing holding up this team and with Wacha and Garcia out for the whole year I doubt they're going to be able to help the team win if the offense stays the same.

e: if the Cardinals lose Tuesday and the Pirates win, the Cardinals will be in 4th place. Still with a record over .500 though. NL Central is crazy good this year (last year too).
Has it been confirmed that Wacha is done for the year? I thought the fact it was a bone injury meant a better prognosis than a soft tissue injury.

Has it been confirmed that Wacha is done for the year? I thought the fact it was a bone injury meant a better prognosis than a soft tissue injury.

No ("indefinitely" was the word used I believe), but he's got some really obscure injury that only one other pitcher has had and said pitcher usually goes out 5 weeks every season or more dealing with that injury. They found Wacha's a lot earlier though, so I imagine with how valuable he is they'll spend the time to find the root of the cause and try to fix it to make it so he doesn't have to go on the DL as often as Brandon McCarthy

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
tBtOZvJ.jpg
tBtOZvJ.jpg
tBtOZvJ.jpg
tBtOZvJ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom