• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Machado 3 hits, double, homerun. not a bad night at the office

it9yAOZs8qTKz.gif

rando14

Holland and Rodney are not close at all. Holland has been dominating since last year.

Holland has a 1.93 era, 2.16 fip and is 1.1 war
Rodney has a 2.10 era, 2.35 fip, and is 1.0 war

Like I said, Holland has the edge but it's not big.

Last year is irrelevant. If it was, uehara would have been the top choice.

eznark

Banned
David Ortiz sure hates that people remember he is a filthy juicing cheater. Almost as much as he hates when scorekeepers don't gift him hits.

Whiny cunt.

eznark

Banned
I think it's strange people are bashing him. He looks way more fit than I would've guessed. He's pretty fucking solid for a fat man.

jakncoke

Banned
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 10m
Mike Trout is the only player in MLB history with a .300 BA, 80 HR & 80 SB at 3-year anniversary of his big-league debut (

Crazy

jbug617

Banned
@jaysonst: As @GordonEdes reported, also hearing buzz that Peavy to #STLCards could happen "quick." Only Bos game Cards scouted was game Peavy pitched

I wonder if the Sox would get anything for him

I wonder if the Sox would get anything for him

I'm not even sure Jake Peavy would be an upgrade over any of our starting pitchers, even though our rotation has been hurt badly with Wacha and Garcia out. Maybe he's better than Joe Kelly? Judging by how Peavy has done this year probably not.

Unless there's another pitching injury we don't know about yet. But at that point let's just sign Barry Zito

If Peavy costs peanuts, might as well shore up some depth in case another pitcher goes down to injury. Plus, moving from an AL hitters park to a NL pitchers park will give Peavy's numbers a small boost.

Not interested if we have to give up any prospects of value though.

If Peavy costs peanuts, might as well shore up some depth in case another pitcher goes down to injury. Plus, moving from an AL hitters park to a NL pitchers park will give Peavy's numbers a small boost.

Not interested if we have to give up any prospects of value though.

I saw something along the lines of Craig for Peavy + one. I can't imagine Boston would want him though.

I saw something along the lines of Craig for Peavy + one. I can't imagine Boston would want him though.
On the one hand, that's selling low on Craig (BOS would obviously be hoping for a rebound). On the other hand, it frees up some payroll in the next few years and playing time for Oscar. I don't know how I would feel about that trade tbh.

Sanjuro

Let's be completely honest. Peavy isn't complete hot garbage, and can be more than an effective band-aid for a NL rotation.

Craig? I really don't know how he helps us, but it's a fleecing.

BFIB

Let's be completely honest. Peavy isn't complete hot garbage, and can be more than an effective band-aid for a NL rotation.

Craig? I really don't know how he helps us, but it's a fleecing.
Yeah, Craig for Peavy would be fleecing for sure. Rumors are that Boston is willing to take salary for a higher prospect, so that could be the plan.

aFIGurANT

Yeah, Craig for Peavy would be fleecing for sure. Rumors are that Boston is willing to take salary for a higher prospect, so that could be the plan.

I would hold out on trading Craig for Peavy of all pitchers tbh. I think once Kelly is back we wait till after the ASG to evaluate. Wait till teams are desperate for a deal. Maybe the bullpen becomes way too stressed between Cmart and Kelly pitching no more than five innings but for now hold steady.

I feel like Craig should only go if he's part of a package that nets Price since really one down half shouldn't condemn a guy to being Peavy-bait.

I would hold out on trading Craig for Peavy of all pitchers tbh. I think once Kelly is back we wait till after the ASG to evaluate. Wait till teams are desperate for a deal. Maybe the bullpen becomes way too stressed between Cmart and Kelly pitching no more than five innings but for now hold steady.

I feel like Craig should only go if he's part of a package that nets Price since really one down half shouldn't condemn a guy to being Peavy-bait.

Well, it's really more that there's no room for Craig to be an everyday player with Taveras in RF and Adams at 1B. Craig would soon become an expensive platoon partner for Adams.

I'd only be interested in dealing him for Peavy +1 if the one is good enough, though.

Malvingt2

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
Cole Hamels can be traded to LAD, LAA, STL, WAS, ATL, NYY, BOS, TEX, SD without his permission, sources tell @Ken_Rosenthal and me.

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
Hamels' no-trade clause allows him to block deals to 20 teams. The aforementioned 9 are not on that list and are free to acquire him.

so he is on the market...

Fox318

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
Cole Hamels can be traded to LAD, LAA, STL, WAS, ATL, NYY, BOS, TEX, SD without his permission, sources tell @Ken_Rosenthal and me.

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
Hamels' no-trade clause allows him to block deals to 20 teams. The aforementioned 9 are not on that list and are free to acquire him.

Why is SD on that list?

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi

Would the Doyers try to acquire him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom