• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cards front office is serious about trading for Price, but want to have an extension in place, pending a trade.

Can't say I blame them, but I just cannot fathom what that asking price would be.

EDIT: Buster Olney also states that the Cards have discussed a "blockbuster" that would involve both Price and Longoria.

I imagine Mo is waiting to see the results on Wacha this week before doing anything. I would have figured Zobrist would be likelier than Longoria, though, because he's more cost-controlled. I don't particularly see a need for either to be honest - pitching is a bigger need at this point (how quickly things change)

Also, I feel really bad for the Dodgers. Two batters got hit three times in two games vs. St. Louis and now they're facing those predators in Pittsburgh. At least they aren't facing Charlie Morton

I knew someone would take a flyer on Uggla quickly since they'd only have to pay him about $200,000 for the rest of the season. Uggla's got dynamite career numbers in the Giants park, but then again, his numbers in Turner Field with the Marlins were also atomic...

Malvingt2

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
Uggla signed minor-leaguel deal with giants. Heads to albuquerque to join triple-a team. @Ken_Rosenthal 1st

Uggla signed minor-leaguel deal with giants. Heads to albuquerque to join triple-a team. @Ken_Rosenthal 1st

Now that makes me wonder why the Braves didn't DFA him to see if he'd at least accept a minor league spot. They let Kenshin Kawakami rot in AA all season in 2011 while paying him almost the same amount of money, so why not Uggla? At least you wouldn't be paying him to play for another team.

Despaigne wasn't all that impressive. Alot lf those swings and misses were just because they have never seen him and have no info on him. Advanced metrics can't comprehend that....

Blearth

Banned
000s0qwr

:(

I hope they're preparing a spot on the Giants Walk Of Fame to commemorate whatever crazy thing he does that helps the Giants win it all. Even year magic, baby.

Sergio Santos DFA'd by Toronto.
Come home to Chicago Segio, such an awesome guy and I think he still has something in the tank. And he gets back to work with Coop.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Whew... Had a bad feeling he would land on the reds with BP's injury.

Also praying for a series win and would streak the neighborhood for a sweep of the Brewers.

Cubs are mentioned in the David Price sweepstakes.

No thanks. Theo isn't that stupid either. We don't need to trade Bryant , Baez, or Russell for 31 year old pitcher. If he really wants to be Cub he can come in a few offseasons.

JDeluis

The camera angle in the Pittsburgh game is just awful. It's too low and too tight.
Thats what she said.
Some strikes look like Ball calls.

Edit: I guess now we know who is slower between Ellis and Gonzalez? Ethier

Well I'm an idiot lol. Don't know where I got 28 from.

Mets fans are all thinking they are going to get Baez from the Cubs for cheap.

Mets?

I for one am not this high on Baez by the way. Huge red flags with his ability to make contact. I think they should trade him before he truly gets exposed.

Enron

Banned
hahahahahahahahahha. Chip Caray just said "Evan Gattis missed 17 games with a bulging thoracic dick....DISK in his back"

Mics go silent for 15 seconds, and you could hear a bit of the chuckles when they came back.

"That's a bulging thoracic DISK"

To be fair how much of that is because of thing with teh Reds also Charlie Morton being wild as fuck with his curve. he leads the NL with 17 2nd and 3rd place have 8 a piece.

I think Pittsburgh is probably just above or at league average if you bring down Morton to average HBP numbers for a starter (down from like 17 to like ~4-5ish), so yeah Morton is the main reason for it

jakncoke

Banned
Pirates lead the MLB in OBP with .333 yet are like 21st in actual runs, ffs we need to learn how to get those baserunners in.

Edit; Sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom