• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Congratulations on your franchise altering win, Mariners. Years from now your fans will look back on this day and smile.

Indians Win!

iOeavbUUMEe46.gif

Macattk15

Couldn't tell if you guys were being serious about Smoak being fixed.

I think I say FIXED everytime he gets a hit ....... and yes it really is a joke at this point.

I don't have much faith in him ... though that HR was redeeming.

Ackley on the other hand is the one I do have hope for still.

N7RF4tf.jpg

Dis guy right here tho.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Review time? I mean no reason not to right?

I was surprised by how cautious managers were to review. I know during the Rays game today there were 2 calls the Rays could have chose to review and might have won but chose not to review.

Better to challenge a call and lose the challenge then to never challenge at all. The drawbacks of losing a challenge in baseball is pretty much zero compared to the drawbacks in other sports like football.

Masterson with another Masterful performance. Some good defense, will never turn down a little help from the other guys though (cough 400 foot single,)

Let's see if the weather lets them play tomorrow.

Chris R

Well that's the best way to start the season. Nice that Felix got the won as well, he deserved it outside of the Trout stuff.

Macattk15

Mariners top of the division!

Anyway. Felix deserved that win with that performance ... even though he did give up the HR to da Beisbol God.

Damn, this is the first season in years that I don't have cable and therefore access to the games. For anyone who has it, is MLB.TV worth it? I'm a Giants fan and I want to see EXACTLY what is shown on TV, complete with Kruk and Kuip announcing.

Finally a full day of regular season baseball which meant it was time to put that MLB app on the PS4 to good use

Video quality wasn't at 60 FPS, but it was still pretty good. They included event markers (strikeouts, hits, doubles, HRs, etc.) on the feed timelime in case there's a specific moment of the game you want to turn too. It did feel like there would be some problems going to an event that was close to where the live feed was at. I tried to watch a HR event that was like an inning behind the live feed and the app kept going jumping to after the event had happened.

I also had an issue where the feed was running fine but what would jump back 5 seconds at least, thus having to hear repeated audio. This happened in a few games, but most notably in the later portions of the Cubs/Pirates game. Constantly jumping to a live feed to fix this issue is a bit of a pain. Also, if I switched between home and away feeds of the same game, I was taken to the beginning of the game, not where the game was already in progress requiring me to opening up video options and jumping to live (note: this only happened when I decided to switch feeds via the video options menu. Switching feeds via the R3 button menu shouldn't cause this). There were some minor freezes, but that didn't annoy me as much.

I like that the in-game stats are updated pretty quickly. If someone hits a HR, it should take a second or two to show up on their stat line. The app was also quick with showing me who the wining and losing pitcher was after I watched a game end.

What I also liked was that the app continued to run uninterrupted every time I exited out of the app and decided to use the console's Internet browser. It did feel like that going back and forth jumped the games a little further in the feed though, especially if I exited the app when a game was entering a commercial break.

Only other minor complaint I would have is that sometimes if I pressed a button to open something up (like list of games or the menu), nothing would pop up. If the menu selection didn't pop up properly, I would mostly get a dark background that's covering up most of the feed. There was an error message that popped up like 2-3 times but I ignored it.

Overall, the app works. Some things could be ironed out, but I get the feeling I'll be using this app for most of the season.

HoTHiTTeR

As a Giants fan visiting Chase Field today I have to say that I'm impressed. Beauitful venue, good beer selection and solid food choices. The people that work there are great too - our usher by our dugout was outstanding.
What a fucking awesome game too! Maybe if Belt can remedy that Swiss cheese defense and Pablo can throw a 40ft lob toward first, we won't have to come up with the heroics again tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom