• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Diving to first is dumb. You make it there faster if you run through the bag.

yup the only time you should dive/slide into first is if you are trying to avoid a tag, beyond that you might as well just sprint as hard as you can if it's gonna be close not caring if your momentum takes you well into right field (as long as you remember to turn the right way :p)

another thing I wish my players would stop doing is watching the ball when they don't need to... congrats you hit a slow roller towards third, don't turn your head and watch that as you run to first, just run to first as fast as possible and listen to your coach about what you need to do... oh you hit it into the right field corner, as you near second don't turn all the way around to look to see if you should advance to third, just look at your damn third base coach and trust them -_-

my short stop has been really guilty of this the last few days, in multiple plays where he has been out by a half step at most he had been turning weirdly to watch the play as he was running and likely would have been safe every time if he hadn't -_-

vwyQrUj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom