• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlos

Great day for Freeman.

Yeah, to think I was worried that his extension would cause him to get lazy or decline like most other braves signings; the guy seems to be getting even better.

Now it's just a matter of him staying healthy for the duration of the contract.

24EdGaR.gif

aFIGurANT

Haven't had time to watch any games. How has he looked on defense? I know the defensive metrics aren''t in agreement with one another on his glove.

He threw a bad ball to first that Adams couldn't pick against the Reds but he hasn't really been challenged yet besides that when it comes to fielding. Last night he did have a nice Iglesias-esque catch in short left field but most SSs will make that play, it wasn't too crazy.

sangreal

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...me-together-controversial-001931989--mlb.html

Here's where it gets a little more complicated, though. Upon further review on television, it appeared as though Cervelli's foot got between Thole's legs and touched the plate before the tag was applied, which by itself highlights how difficult an umpire's job is watching both the catcher and the plate to make safe or out calls. However, since it was an umpire's review of Thole's position and not a Girardi challenge of whether or not Cervilli actually scored, there was nothing the umpires could do to change that part of the call.

They talked about this on the broadcast and the Yankees producers contacted MLB HQ about it and were told that they are supposed to review the whole play. I don't think this play was particularly important and I'm not (still) butthurt over the bad call, but why is the MLB going back to this excuse a day later?

sangreal

Melky must have found another supplier in Toronto.

Melky has always been a decent hitter with some pop, but one thing I don't understand is how the MLB drug policies are supposed to account for any long-term gains from past cycles that he, or other players, have managed to maintain

Is Melky back on the roids? He should've never left New York :(

at least he contributed in NY. lol braves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom