• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepiope

Melky has always been a decent hitter with some pop, but one thing I don't understand is how the MLB drug policies are supposed to account for any long-term gains from past cycles that he, or other players, have managed to maintain
Lifetime bans for first time offenders will probably be the only way to make players take this seriously.

MLB contracts are so big that taking steroids are worth the risk for some guys.

harSon

Banned
8osy1bM.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Hey

Hey Ho

Soriano must go

*clap*

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...me-together-controversial-001931989--mlb.html

They talked about this on the broadcast and the Yankees producers contacted MLB HQ about it and were told that they are supposed to review the whole play. I don't think this play was particularly important and I'm not (still) butthurt over the bad call, but why is the MLB going back to this excuse a day later?

This is confusing, I agree. How can we get MLB to clarify?

Pepiope

I was just going to ask who you guys thought would hit the first HR for the Yanks. Who would've guessed Gardner!? Haha.

Solarte is really impressing. Hopefully he can be moved up in the line-up soon.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Solarte will be great for like another week or so before he turns into a pumpkin and we're stuck with "Solardy" FOREVER

sangreal

Solarte will be great for like another week or so before he turns into a pumpkin and we're stuck with "Solardy" FOREVER

and even then he will be better than Noonie

but yeah, I can't help but think he will be a flash in a pan like so many 2013 yankees -- overbay, youk, wells, almonte, etc etc. I remember when Kim Jones 2 was fawning over how great David Adams is

jman2050

Shut up about regression and whatnot, there'll be plenty of time this season to lament the follies of our over the hill castoffs and fringe non-prospects like Solarte, for now Solarte is MVP and the next Cano replacement.

skybald

I must be getting soft in my old age. I just started getting into baseball this week. I am watching Phillies/Cubbies right now (go Phils).

I just need to know what some of the abbreviations are for sommon statistics and I should be set. Anyone got a beginners link for baseball?

I must be getting soft in my old age. I just started getting into baseball this week. I am watching Phillies/Cubbies right now (go Phils).

I just need to know what some of the abbreviations are for sommon statistics and I should be set. Anyone got a beginners link for baseball?

Ignore RBI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom