• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIB

I've read a few articles by McCutchen and he always comes across as a humble and great dude. Much respect to him.

Easily my current favorite player in the game.

I usually trade for him in my MLB The Show game. He'd look great in a Cards jersey.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Rosters for Yanks:

Pitchers:

Dellin Betances, Andrew Miller, Bryan Mitchell, Ivan Nova, James Pazos, Luis Severino, Masahiro Tanaka, Adam Warren, Justin Wilson

Infielders:
Dustin Ackley, Greg Bird, Didi Gregorius, Chase Headley, Rob Refsnyder, Alex Rodriguez, Brendan Ryan, Brian McCann, John Ryan Murphy, Gary Sanchez

Outfielders:
Carlos Beltran, Jacoby Ellsbury, Brett Gardner, Slade Heathcott, Rico Noel, Chris Young

Astros:

Pitchers:
Josh Fields, Mike Fiers, Luke Gregerson, Will Harris, Dallas Keuchel, Pat Neshek, Oliver Perez, Chad Qualls, Tony Sipp

Infielders:
Jose Altuve, Chris Carter, Carlos Correa, Matt Duffy, Marwin Gonzalez, Jed Lowrie, Luis Valbuena, Jonathan Villar, Jason Castro, Hank Conger

Outfielders:
Evan Gattis, Carlos Gomez, Jake Marisnick, Colby Rasmus, George Springer, Preston Tucker

JDeluis

Juan Uribe will not be on the Mets' NLDS roster. He's not recovered from a chest injury.

And

A little more drama in New York: Matt Harvey was a no show at #Mets mandatory workout and GM Sandy Alderson doesn't know why he was absent

Sandy Alderson corrects that #Mets workouts are "mandatory." Doesn't seem super thrilled that Matt Harvey was the only player not to show.

Oliver Perez? Man the Astros have to win just for my boy.

pMLB2-7074100dt.jpg

I hope the Yankees lineup is as follows:

Ellsbury CF (L)
Young LF (R)
A-Rod DH (R)
Beltran RF (S)
McCann C (L)
Bird 1B (L)
Headley 3B (S)
Refsnyder 2B (R)
Gregorius SS (L)

Or if they're really trying to get interesting:

Ellsbury CF (L)
Young LF (R)
A-Rod DH (R)
Beltran RF (S)
McCann 1B (L)
Headley 3B (S)
Murphy C (R)
Refsnyder 2B (R)
Gregorius SS (L)

Just to have less lefties/potential guaranteed Ks out of the lineup against Keuchel. Young kills LHP, and (small sample size) has hit Keuchel well. McCann bats better against lefties, but he's not hitting anyone well right now. Still, the threat of his power is one they should keep in the lineup. Bird gets destroyed by LHP; he'd be a great pinch-hitting threat. Gardner also gets destroyed by LHP.

[EDIT: Failure at McCann, lol]

thefro

Maddon said on the radio in Chicago he has the lineup set for the Cubs tomorrow and is really happy with it, but he's not going to release it until he has to so that the Pirates don't get an advantage.

BumRush

What's up with Harvey missing mandatory workout...and the team having no idea why?? Get your shit together, Matt.

JoseDFrog

Banned
I hope the Yankees lineup is as follows:

Ellsbury CF (L)
Young LF (R)
A-Rod DH (R)
Beltran RF (S)
McCann C (S)
Bird 1B (L)
Headley 3B (S)
Refsnyder 2B (R)
Gregorius SS (L)

Or if they're really trying to get interesting:

Ellsbury CF (L)
Young LF (R)
A-Rod DH (R)
Beltran RF (S)
McCann 1B (S)
Headley 3B (S)
Murphy C (R)
Refsnyder 2B (R)
Gregorius SS (L)

Just to have less lefties/potential guaranteed Ks out of the lineup against Keuchel. Young kills LHP, and (small sample size) has hit Keuchel well. McCann bats better as a lefty, but the threat of his power is one they should keep in the lineup. Bird gets destroyed by LHP; he'd be a great pinch-hitting threat. Gardner also gets destroyed by LHP.

When did this happen?

BigAT

Just to have less lefties/potential guaranteed Ks out of the lineup against Keuchel. Young kills LHP, and (small sample size) has hit Keuchel well. McCann bats better as a lefty, but the threat of his power is one they should keep in the lineup. Bird gets destroyed by LHP; he'd be a great pinch-hitting threat. Gardner also gets destroyed by LHP.

Gardner's splits are better against lefties than righties.

Fixed, sorry for failure, lol.

Gardner just hasn't really hit anyone well as of late, though...and shouldn't a quality lefty generally neutralize lefty hitters? In theory, you could sit Ellsbury here too and play Gardner instead.

I have no idea what my first Jays game was, it was at exhibition stadium

I don't even remember what game I went to in the '93 ALCS lol

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
My first game was Marlins at Mets in 1998. It was "Bat Night" and they literally gave out full-size Louisville Sluggers to everyone. I still have it. And Adam West was there because Batman. lol.

ytWUct0.jpg

90% sure it was this game.

No way they'd do that promotion now. And they didn't let us take them home on our flight, then they got lost in the mail and we finally got them like 3 months later.

My first game was Marlins at Mets in 1998. It was "Bat Night" and they literally gave out full-size Louisville Sluggers to everyone. I still have it. And Adam West was there because Batman. lol.

ytWUct0.jpg

90% sure it was this game.

No way they'd do that promotion now. And they didn't let us take them home on our flight, then they got lost in the mail and we finally got them like 3 months later.

wwwhhhhaaattt.

I was a couple of months old when I went to my first game ('90). It was an Angels game. Happened right before my parents moved to Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom