• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
Imagine the Cubs with 97 wins missing the postseason without the 2nd WC. Cubs fans might have reached a breaking point.

Imagine the Cubs with 97 wins missing the postseason without the 2nd WC. Cubs fans might have reached a breaking point.

it would have been ridiculous for any team.

I think the MLB should go the way of the NBA is going and seed based on record and not if you win the division.

clemenx

Banned
Just balance the fucking schedules. It will never happen :(

Will unbalanced schedules I think it's better to keep the division champions rather than the record.

zroid

Banned
Just balance the fucking schedules. It will never happen :(

Will unbalanced schedules I think it's better to keep the division champions rather than the record.

they should balance the schedules (to some degree) if for no other reason than to improve the product. it gets really damn boring after a while to see the same 4 opponents so often.

was playing mlb the show 15 road to the show mode and then this happened
cp02d1V.png

2016 Draft Order:

1. Phillies
2. Reds
3. Braves
4. Rockies
5. Brewers
6. Athletics
7. Marlins
8. Padres
9. Tigers
10. White Sox
11. Mariners
12. Red Sox
13. Diamondbacks
14. Rays
15. Orioles
16. Indians
17. Twins
18. Nationals
19. Giants
20. Angels
21. Astros
22. Yankees
23. Rangers
24. Mets
25. Dodgers
26. Blue Jays
27. Royals
28. Cubs
29. Pirates
30. Cardinals

jbug617

Banned
2016 Draft Order:

1. Phillies
2. Reds
3. Braves
4. Rockies
5. Brewers
6. Athletics
7. Marlins
8. Padres
9. Tigers
10. White Sox
11. Mariners
12. Red Sox
13. Diamondbacks
14. Rays
15. Orioles
16. Indians
17. Twins
18. Nationals
19. Giants
20. Angels
21. Astros
22. Yankees
23. Rangers
24. Mets
25. Dodgers
26. Blue Jays
27. Royals
28. Cubs
29. Pirates
30. Cardinals

Red Sox won too many game. Now they will probably lose that 1st round pick.

Ihyll

The rangers have a history of lighting up David Price, will be an interesting series.

Go Rangers :)

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
2016 Draft Order:

1. Phillies
2. Reds
3. Braves
4. Rockies
5. Brewers
6. Athletics
7. Marlins
8. Padres
9. Tigers
10. White Sox
11. Mariners
12. Red Sox
13. Diamondbacks
14. Rays
15. Orioles
16. Indians
17. Twins
18. Nationals
19. Giants
20. Angels
21. Astros
22. Yankees
23. Rangers
24. Mets
25. Dodgers
26. Blue Jays
27. Royals
28. Cubs
29. Pirates
30. Cardinals
Braves Season > Nationals Season.

What a beautiful day for the Yankees to lose.

i've never been so pumped for a game of baseball not featuring my team since Game 7 of the 2001 WS or Game 6 of the 2003 WS or Game 7 of the 2004 ALCS.....

...... yes, you may be able to spot a common theme emerging.

thefro

Yea seriously, hope Maddon doesn't "save" anyone for the Cards. Just focus on the game Wednesday which going by the recent past, will be the case.

I'm sure he's got the whole game planned out already for multiple scenarios.

It's beautiful when we can bring in a 3 shortshop/3 center fielder lineup in the end of games for defensive purposes.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
lets go astros!

I can't believe its been ten years already. I was going to go to game five of the world series. :(
Could have gone to game four but I had a class with a teacher I hated and she was notoriously a bitch so I didn't think she would be too happy about me missing.

Marz

Yankees need Tanaka to go 6. If he goes 6 and only gives up 2 runs the Yankees can win this.

We need some home runs though.

Beckx

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/pirates-wild-card-postseason/

Great article by Cutch about playing in the Wild Card game.

The Wild Card Game is, in a word, awesome. We’re headed to our third Wild Card game in a row on Wednesday. A lot of people are saying that it’s unfair that we have the second-best record in baseball and we have to face Cy Young contender Jake Arrieta in a do-or-die game. There’s some debate about whether it should be a best-of-three or maybe they should do away with divisions altogether.

I understand where those people are coming from, but my feeling is this: What kind of a champion says, “Man, I’m just hoping for the easiest road possible …”

The night before the 2013 Wild Card Game … oh man. It was a throwback feeling.

Do you remember how you felt the night before Christmas when you were 10 years old? You can’t wait to wake up and open your presents, so you try to head to bed early and you close your eyes and think, Go to sleep, go to sleep, but you can’t stop thinking about what’s going to be in those boxes, so it’s impossible to fall asleep. That’s exactly how I felt. The funniest part was that my apartment literally overlooked PNC Park, so if I went too close to the window, I’d see the stadium sitting by the river with all the lights on. It was like a Christmas tree. If I went outside to get a coffee, the people on the streets were all wearing black and gold. They’d be like, “Hey Cutch, this is it! Give it everything you got!”

It was such a crazy atmosphere leading up to the game. The sense of anticipation was unbelievable. You could just feel it everywhere you went. I barely slept that night. I probably crashed out at 4 or 5 a.m. The next morning, I woke up so early and I practically jumped out of bed. My first thought was, Oh man, I still gotta wait all day. I wanted to get to the field at 9 a.m. and just sit in the clubhouse and soak it all in. I remember going over the bridge that connects downtown to PNC Park and it was like the air was electric. I’ll remember that forever. You ever see that video of the kid opening up his presents and it’s a Nintendo 64, and he just goes nuts? That’s how it felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom