• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was pain and misery and self loathing.

Today it's thoughts of how to win the World Series again.

Good to see that swagga back.

Jays are winning this series. Then we'll really see that edge come back. Can't wait.

eyeless

i'm grateful at least we weren't ignominiously swept out of the playoffs after that great stretch

when tulo homered i screamed "YES" like a maniac way too loud, was a nice moment after feeling pretty disheartened coming into the game

zroid

Banned

Jays are winning this series. Then we'll really see that edge come back. Can't wait.

Jays are going to win Game 4, be up 4-1 going into the 9th inning of Game 5, choke away the lead, letting the Rangers tie it up 4-4 and then will lose in extra innings.

I dunno sounds like more pain and misery to me! That's the Toronto way after all.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

OlB1aQ.gif

ShaneB

Obviously glad as hell to see the Jays win and keep the season going. And I'll certainly continue to be nervous as hell. Dickey on the mound just puts me even more on edge for game 4.

I don't know what to think about Dickey starting tomorrow over Price. Dickey can be really good when he's on, but that knuckleball can be a fickle bitch.

Here's hoping for a great start and more offence.

Josh5890

MLB has to feel good right now. Four competitive series and each of them could go five games. I don't think it will ever be as bad as the 2007 postseason.

I don't know what to think about Dickey starting tomorrow over Price. Dickey can be really good when he's on, but that knuckleball can be a fickle bitch.

Chewie, pls, some perspective.

Price is a great pitcher to be sure, but he's 1-6 in the post-season with a 4.79 ERA.

Dickey is... who knows. But might as well start him and see what happens.

A lot depends on the ump. If the umpire is a bonafide dickwad like that ump for game 2, dickey wobt be getting called strikes for the knuckler, allowing hitters to not have to deal with it and sit on the get me over fastball.

Josh5890

Chewie, pls, some perspective.

Price is a great pitcher to be sure, but he's 1-6 in the post-season with a 4.79 ERA.

Dickey is... who knows. But might as well start him and see what happens.

That's why I would be hesitant about giving David Price sick money in a couple months. If he turns things around and churns out three or four knockout starts then that would quiet the naysayers.

zroid

Banned
I don't think postseason splits are meaningful but I absolutely would start Dickey tomorrow. On a really short leash with Price there to back him up if needed.

Sometimes Dickey has a bad inning and then recovers, but usually if the k-ball isn't working it's pretty easy to spot.

Caja 117

I understand that what Utley did was dirty, what I dont understand is how can the league place a suspension on Utley after officially they ruled the play legal, I guess it only matter because a player got injured this time.

I wonder if no warning is given any pitcher could be suspended for as well for throwing close to the head, Mets are hopping for no warning so they can get revenge.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
The best revenge is winning 2 games. Hitting Utley will just give him a free base.

Josh5890

The best revenge is winning 2 games. Hitting Utley will just give him a free base.

Yea but if the game is a blowout late for either side, Don better pull Utley's ass out of the game. He would be a sitting duck standing in that batter's box with his team up seven in the eighth inning.

That's why I would be hesitant about giving David Price sick money in a couple months. If he turns things around and churns out three or four knockout starts then that would quiet the naysayers.

If we don't re-sign Price, this team needs to get someone else big as an ace. They also need to retain Estrada, so long as it won't cost way, way too much.

They have a very strong offence secured and some good bullpen pieces, plus a couple of good to great starters in Stroman and Dickey. They need to keep going and not give up if this playoff is a letdown, because this core won't be around forever and this is at least great experience to build on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom