• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinse82

One game at a time boys

Dickey is completely unpredictable so my stomach is turning. Hopefully it's post all star break Dickey that shows up!

Yeah. He appealing.

However, Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports noted Utley will appeal the suspension, adding the infielder will "cite a number of similar slides that did not result in discipline." On Monday morning, CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reported, "MLB wants Utley hearing today (before Game 3). Union wants time to prepare. CBA mandates appeals be within 14 days."

You will notice at said hearing that all slides do indeed involve Chase Utley.

I did appreciate Wright's little blurb:

Only Chase knows going in there what the intent was. I have a problem with the play on a number of different levels, one being the slide itself. In my opinion, he wasn't anywhere close to the bag. With that being said, he never touched the bag. And I think the 'neighborhood play' is there to protect players. ... It definitely seemed like after that play we lost the momentum and they came up with some big hits.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
It will be like Christmas morning if I see that Utley is in the lineup tonight. Make it happen.

pestul

One game at a time boys

Dickey is completely unpredictable so my stomach is turning. Hopefully it's post all star break Dickey that shows up!
While true, I have more confidence that the Jays might just completely light up Holland today. I mean it could have easily been a 10-1 victory last night and most of the big bats are still due. Tulo looks like he's seeing everything.

I have a very good feeling about today even if Dickey isn't 100% on his game.

While true, I have more confidence that the Jays might just completely light up Holland today. I mean it could have easily been a 10-1 victory last night and most of the big bats are still due. Tulo looks like he's seeing everything.

I have a very good feeling about today even if Dickey isn't 100% on his game.

The fact that the match up is in the Jays favour is making me more nervous for some reason.

It's just too bad that it takes the playoffs to make more players stand up and say "hey, maybe that wasn't a great thing."

Maybe the MLBPA made it a big thing before but didn't have cause to push the issue?

Either way, expect next year to have some rule changes to the neighborhood play/force play.

5a9b5177-a3bf-4c93-ae63-fd67c181eac0.jpg

Some expensive parking lol

Sanjuro

lol I'm not complaining nor am I an Astros fan.

YOU BETTER NOT BE COMPLAINING OR AN ASTROS FAN!

It's always really strange to see where and when ballparks adjust the parking fees. I remember years ago paid $75-100 for ALCS parking, only for the game to be rained out. Of course the parking lot was not doing refunds. Someone tried getting one by reasoning to the attendant who didn't speak English, only to have his car pelted with debris.

Going to be so fun watching Dickey flutter that nonsense up and baffle the Rangers all day. LOVE THE KNUCKLEBALL.

If Chicago did win the World Series, would they burn that mother down, or would it be joyous huggy lovefest?

Is Chicago a sports riot kind of place?

It's always really strange to see where and when ballparks adjust the parking fees. I remember years ago paid $75-100 for ALCS parking, only for the game to be rained out. Of course the parking lot was not doing refunds. Someone tried getting one by reasoning to the attendant who didn't speak English, only to have his car pelted with debris.

Few years back in LA, E3, the Lakers playoffs and some big concert were all happening at the same time. I had to pay $150 for parking 4 blocks away. ithappens.gif

Sanjuro

If Chicago did win the World Series, would they burn that mother down, or would it be joyous huggy lovefest?

Is Chicago a sports riot kind of place?

There would be a riot for sure. Circumstances are drastically different for the Cubs, so they probably would be flooding the streets with SWAT in any clinching championship game.

Yeah parking is a bitch. I always laugh when I see how daytime parking in those same lots are like 5$ then if there is any type of event they will tow you by like 5 if you are still there then jack up the price 5x.

Good ol American capitalism at work

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
5a9b5177-a3bf-4c93-ae63-fd67c181eac0.jpg

Some expensive parking lol

people have been assholes since the stadium opened. Oh the team sucks, five dollar! Oh hey the team is in the playoffs $40, oh they got even further $80! The amount of people is capped at like 43k. at some point it becomes gouging.

Its gotten even worse since they opened up the soccer stadium, less free places around. If you get there early enough you can park for free less than a block away from the stadium near left field on the foul side.

Sanjuro

Yeah parking is a bitch. I always laugh when I see how daytime parking in those same lots are like 5$ then if there is any type of event they will tow you by like 5 if you are still there then jack up the price 5x.

Good ol American capitalism at work

I'm a street parking expert for Boston. Problem is, you need the extra time. Without that you are kind of boned unless you want to idle in traffic and miss the start. Still there is enough diversity in terms of lots to choose and price.

Places that scare me are the Arlington, TX stadiums. There might be more, but you basically end up in a giant lot without option. Luckily the parking was the price of a hot dog or so. Think it was like $25.

people have been assholes since the stadium opened. Oh the team sucks, five dollar! Oh hey the team is in the playoffs $40, oh they got even further $80! The amount of people is capped at like 43k. at some point it becomes gouging.

It's not gouging if people are willing to pay it and there are other alternatives.

That lot is directly across the street from the gates. Of course it'll be expensive.

All I know is when the Cubs finally win the World Series, I'm heading down for the parade.

I've got Houston over Kansas again today, +155 on the run line. I don't have faith in Ventura to be able to keep the Royals in the series.

I'm also going to take the Jays for +115 on the run line too. They should be able to knock Holland around, although I think Dickey might give up a few long balls. It's going to be hot again in Arlington and the wind report has the wind blowing out towards right field. Should be a high scoring affair and I think it could go over 9.5 for -105. Not a fan of over/under betting though unless it favours me (it rarely does).

I'll take a look at Cards vs Cubs and Dodgers vs Mets later...

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
It's not gouging if people are willing to pay it and there are other alternatives.

That lot is directly across the street from the gates. Of course it'll be expensive.

yea that is correct, it is the lot across the street. but 6 blocks down the prices are still 40-60 bucks.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Really hoping the Astros end it today, and the Jays extend their series another game. McCullers needs to come out strong, but if he racks up too many pitches we have Fiers fresh.

Really not a big deal. Houston also has public transportation. That is a fixed price.

That being said, 80 dollars for parking? lol Yankees games don't even come close to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom