• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choomp

Banned
Howie Rose is the best radio guy, IMO. Love him to death, calls the best games.

Josh Lewin has been cool since he joined the radio crew too. For me no one ever beats Gary/Keith/Ron when it comes to TV commentary, Gary seems to know so much for a play-by-play guy and Ron/Keith give genuine, great analysis. They're also really comfortable with each other and have some nice, sometimes off topic talk.

I hate everything about the Yankees, but I actually feel bad for them when it comes to their TV/radio commentary teams. Such a joke

Pat Hughes is awesome. Coomer is ok.

Tried listening to the Jay's radio guys the other day and it was pretty bad.

The Jays announcers are terrible. I've heard a lot of people say "I miss Buck and Pat". I don't understand why. I hate Harold Reynolds, but I don't want to listen to those 2 call a game either.

Josh Lewin has been cool since he joined the radio crew too. For me no one ever beats Gary/Keith/Ron when it comes to TV commentary, Gary seems to know so much for a play-by-play guy and Ron/Keith give genuine, great analysis. They're also really comfortable with each other and have some nice, sometimes off topic talk.

I love them because of how irreverent they get.

Like in 2010 or so, during one of the dark years, we were losing 14-2 to the Braves at their house, so the three of them got bored as hell and just ordered Taco's for the booth and spent the next hour + talking about Tacos. The line I remember is:

"It's the 7th inning, the Braves are winning, and we've got Tacos, back for more after this"

Love it.

Choomp

Banned
I love them because of how irreverent they get.

Like in 2010 or so, during one of the dark years, we were losing 14-2 to the Braves at their house, so the three of them got bored as hell and just ordered Taco's for the booth and spent the next hour + talking about Tacos. The line I remember is:

"It's the 7th inning, the Braves are winning, and we've got Tacos, back for more after this"

Love it.

Yeah lol I'm pretty sure they've ordered food from the booth a few times this year too

I love when they do the competitions and the winner comes in the booth for an inning. I remember that Indian kid once who equated striking someone out to making a sandwich, I think Boomer and Carton still use the soundbite to this day.

Also who can forget this from earlier this year
http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/mets-broadcast-booth-cant-stop-giggling-about-pasties-1723256521

Yeah lol I'm pretty sure they've ordered food from the booth a few times this year too

I love when they do the competitions and the winner comes in the booth for an inning. I remember that Indian kid once who equated striking someone out to making a sandwich, I think Boomer and Carton still use the soundbite to this day.

Also who can forget this from earlier this year
http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/mets-broadcast-booth-cant-stop-giggling-about-pasties-1723256521

Keith during that 18 inning Cards game >>>>>>

zroid

Banned
Jerry Howarth is amazing, he just doesn't go overboard

I love the way he calls a game. But the moment he starts sharing his opinions it's evident hes a total fucking clown (eg: Tulo should play 1st base next year). Unfortunately. He's also an asshole IRL from what I've heard.

Parch

Gibby's explanation is just awkward. mumble, team win, mumble, lefties, mumble, method to the madness. Can we talk about the hitting now? Can I leave now?

Bench coaches need to do a better job at talking some sense into this guy instead of letting him panic.

I love the way he calls a game. But the moment he starts sharing his opinions it's evident hes a total fucking clown (eg: Tulo should play 1st base next year). Unfortunately. He's also an asshole IRL from what I've heard.

He looks like the type of guy who has a funky odour.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
BTW, I should eat my crow for not thinking the Cubs were going to be good enough to make the playoffs this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom