• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cubs had so much going against them. That weird grounder bouncing into Castro, Arrieta not being on, Baez sleeping on one ball and bobbling another... Good victory with lots of fun hits but it ended dangerously, with a two run dinger in the last out.

I don't feel like tonight's gonna be anything close to a sure thing for the Cubs. I hate to tear down my guys but that victory was a rollercoaster and if the Cards do a better job of taking advantage of mistakes it could spin into a real problem quickly.

How many dongs can you handle bro

The Cubs had so much going against them? :lol

Not sure what game you watched

bebop242

If the Cards get Phil Cuzzi tonight they'll win the series.

I have a coworker who was dreading a game 5 just for the thought of Cuzzi behind the plate. He blames the game 1 loss on him. Then he realized there are more umps in a playoff game, so he thinks the Cubs are safe from Cuzzi.

So is it possible to see Cuzzi behind the plate again? I'm unfamiliar with ref rotations.

I hate working a 3 to 11 shift.. I can't watch any games!!! I could listen to the game on the radio and follow with the mlb app but its not the same! I hope Matz can pitch a great game for his hometown team. Grandpa Matz will surely be there.

Happy that there was no craziness because of the whole Utley/Ruben story. Just a raucous crowd and some timely hitting by the Mets. Mets pen still frightens me. lol

Go get 'em Matz!!

Cole Hamels... hmmm.

I know the Jays are good against him but I think he will be lights out in a game of this magnitude.
We'll see. Our bats have finally started working in games 3 and 4 and we're way more disciplined at the plate compared to the first two. No reason for that to stop now.

BELIEVE

We'll see. Our bats have finally started working in games 3 and 4 and we're way more disciplined at the plate compared to the first two. No reason for that to stop now.

BELIEVE

I thought in the late innings yesterday they started pressing again a bit. Hopefully they make note of that and correct.

It will probably be a Hamels/Gallardo as well. That definitely makes things tough. Stroman/Estrada won't be easy either so it's going to be an interesting game.

zroid

Banned
If the NLCS turns out to be Mets-Cubs, the Mets get home field even though the Cubs had the better record right?

Yep, total bullshit.
yeah this doesn't really make sense to me. LCS seeding should be based on record alone. Maybe even LDS.

I like the idea that the team with the best record in the league can choose their opponent in the first round. It's an "advantage" but it can also backfire hilariously which would be fun for fans.

Cole Hamels... hmmm.

I know the Jays are good against him but I think he will be lights out in a game of this magnitude.

Prepare for maximum butt clenching!

Yep, total bullshit.

But that's the divisional system. Only other option would be to do away with divisions entirely.

Just got back from Citi Field, wow the atmosphere was amazing. Perfect way to start my bday!

Congrats and happy birthday!

Oh look, it's the Brian Stow situation again

Dodger Stadium is a shithole.

Isn't there a way to rank teams via record & strength of schedule that would be pretty objective?

But this is baseball we're talking about. Not exactly quick to embrace new things like strength of schedule calculations. Can you imagine the blowhards like Harold Reynolds yammering about that?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
When you see Cespedes power up close:

0xUCdI6.png

Parch

That was a pretty intense day of baseball. Nothing like big offense and comebacks to make things exciting.

Don't like to hear about fans getting attacked though. Let's not get that intense.

BFIB

Lackey getting the start tonight. I like our chances against Hammel. Get it back to St. Louis, and load up Garcia/Lyons for game 5.

Some good bets to place today. I want the Cubs to win, but got to go with St Louis for +120 on the money line. Also considering going +110 on under 8. Even though Chicago erupted last night, Lackey dominated them last time and all season. Cards have done a great job of hitting Hammel in the past, that should continue today in a do or die situation. Wind is blowing out again to right field today so I'm not sure if I want to take the under. It is tempting though...

Mets will finish the Dodgers off tonight, +145 on the money line. Who knows what Kershaw will do (I expect another good game) but the Mets had a solid plan on how to get to him last time and executed it well. After the massacre last night I expect the Mets to pick up where they left off and move forward to the NLCS.

billeh

Prepare for maximum butt clenching!

But that's the divisional system. Only other option would be to do away with divisions entirely.

Congrats and happy birthday!

Dodger Stadium is a shithole.

But this is baseball we're talking about. Not exactly quick to embrace new things like strength of schedule calculations. Can you imagine the blowhards like Harold Reynolds yammering about that?
I'm, not saying we remove the divisional system or anything, but at least reseed after the NLDS. I would think burning your best pitcher in a play-in game and playing the best team in baseball is enough punishment for the supposed 'worst' team in the playoffs.

Also Cosmic, Oakland better place than Dodger Stadium? Roflmao

For baseball? Yeah. People wear opposing gear all the time and no one gives them shit or tries to murder them. The baseball crowd in Oakland is one of the best in baseball. You should know this.

For football? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.

Hamels/Gallardo combo.

If the Jays play like they did in Texas they stand a chance with Stroman throwing.

As long as there are no defensive issues.

Hope the Mets knock them out tonight. Hate the Dodgers.
As long as Donaldson doesn't get kneed in the head, we don't have a good spot lefty unless they use Price again, and Gibby likes Loup a bit too much, it gets dicey with him and Tepera in the bullpen. The offense needs to get started early or we might be in trouble. Our late innings at bats aren't as disciplined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom