• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
drunk fan fights only happen in LA. It's not like Deadspin has videos up on a weekly basis of this kind of fuckkery happening all over the country or anything. Nope, only in LA.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Holy fuck I can't wait for the Mets game tonight, I literally can'tttttttttt.

Matz is going to show the world how great he is!!

Steven_Matz_grandfather.0.gif

BFIB

So it looks like there are conflicting reports on Molina's status.

Just remove him. I'd rather him not play this series, or the rest of the playoffs, but have him healthy for next year.

squall211

Holy fuck I can't wait for the Mets game tonight, I literally can'tttttttttt.

Matz is going to show the world how great he is!!

I can see Matz pitching 6 dominant shout out innings.

I could also see him throwing 15 straight balls to start the game. I really, REALLY hope he can channel his adrenaline in a positive way tonight.

drunk fan fights only happen in LA. It's not like Deadspin has videos up on a weekly basis of this kind of fuckkery happening all over the country or anything. Nope, only in LA.

The chances of getting in said altercation and/or landing in hospital in a coma or with a busted face are significantly higher in the Dodger Stadium parking lot than anywhere else in baseball. Yes, only in LA.

Just remove him. I'd rather him not play this series, or the rest of the playoffs, but have him healthy for next year.

He's out of the lineup. Wish he hadnt tried to play at all tbh, though I understand why.

He hasn't been good with the bat, and even has looked shaky on defense. Somehow, Cruz would be a better option.

I hope Mike Ohlman turns into a serviceable backup

BumRush

I can see Matz pitching 6 dominant shout out innings.

I could also see him throwing 15 straight balls to start the game. I really, REALLY hope he can channel his adrenaline in a positive way tonight.

Not speaking for tonight (obviously) but so far he's had excellent poise. Kid seems to be from that deGrom / Thor cloth

squall211

Not speaking for tonight (obviously) but so far he's had excellent poise. Kid seems to be from that deGrom / Thor cloth

I certainly hope so. I'm only saying that because he's pitched so little. I know he has already pitched against the Dodgers with some success, so that makes me hopeful for tonight.

Edit: It's pretty mind blowing when you can make an honest argument that Matt Harvey is the fourth best starter on your team currently.

Caja 117

Sorry Dodgers fan, I dont care if Kershaw allows 2 runs over 7 inning, if he doesnt get the W for the Dodgers tonight I will always see him as a playoff choker.

The chances of getting in said altercation and/or landing in hospital in a coma or with a busted face are significantly higher in the Dodger Stadium parking lot than anywhere else in baseball. Yes, only in LA.

or Dallas:
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/arlington/article38787048.html

or San Francisco:
http://thebiglead.com/2014/10/06/levis-stadium-bathroom-brawl-features-knockout-blow-to-the-face/

or Kansas City:
http://fox4kc.com/2015/04/01/securi...tadium-during-most-violent-act-hes-ever-seen/

Anyplace with idiots and alcohol (which sporting events have both of in spades) is going to deal with this kind of shit. Trying to make it specific to a particular region is stupid and ignorant. What they need to do if they really gave a shit about curbing this behavior (and it will never happen because the sports leagues don't) is stop selling beer at games.

or Dallas:
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/arlington/article38787048.html

or San Francisco:
http://thebiglead.com/2014/10/06/levis-stadium-bathroom-brawl-features-knockout-blow-to-the-face/

or Kansas City:
http://fox4kc.com/2015/04/01/securi...tadium-during-most-violent-act-hes-ever-seen/

Anyplace with idiots and alcohol (which sporting events have both of in spades) is going to deal with this kind of shit. Trying to make it specific to a particular region is stupid and ignorant. What they need to do if they really gave a shit about curbing this behavior (and it will never happen because the sports leagues don't) is stop selling beer at games.
Think we are talking about baseball games in specific.

List of things that happened at football games.

Totally irrelevant when discussing things that happen at baseball games.

None of those happened at baseball games.

So again, only in LA.

If this happens in LA with baseball games... people will die at football games regularly. LA is a shithole. The NFL should continue to steer clear of actually putting a team in LA and just continue using it as a negotiation tactic.

Totally irrelevant when discussing things that happen at baseball games.

None of those happened at baseball games.

So again, only in LA.

If this happens in LA with baseball games... people will die at football games regularly. LA is a shithole.

You don't sound like an ignorant buffoon at all. No sir.

You don't have to be so afraid. LA is not that scary.

When the data doesn't support one's ridiculous assertion, name calling is always a valid next step.

What's the data? A small sample size of incidents? A baseball fan should know that small sample sizes mean shit. That's enough to indict an entire region? 99.999% of people in LA who go to sporting events go and enjoy themselves without incident. These Dodger fans who attacked this dude or got in a fight or whatever are fucking morons, but you make it sound like putting on a Dodger cap or living in LA magically turns you into a violent criminal. But by all means continue with your ignorant stereotyping and fear mongering.

What's the data? A small sample size of incidents? A baseball fan should know that small sample sizes mean shit. That's enough to indict an entire region? 99.999% of people in LA who go to sporting events go and enjoy themselves without incident. These Dodger fans who attacked this dude or got in a fight or whatever are fucking morons, but you make it sound like putting on a Dodger cap or living in LA magically turns you into a violent criminal. But by all means continue with your ignorant stereotyping and fear mongering.

All I said is that LA is a shithole.

Well...parts of it yes lol

Yep.

And to think, soon LA will have Raiders fans as well!

Shudder.

That wasn't all you said, though.

You mean the fact that the chances of getting put into a coma in a parking lot of a baseball game is higher in the Dodger Stadium parking lot than anywhere else in baseball? That's actually a fact. As minuscule a chance as it may be. Still a fact.

I mean, look at this:

Police-Looking-for-Assailants-Who-Jumped-a-Mets-Fan-Outside-Dodger-Stadium.jpg

giants-dodgers-fans.png

Shhh... yes I know that's in SF. That place is terrible too. Don't tell anyone I said so.

7a1518f6ccec9e13340f6a706700363f.jpg

Abhorrent behavior.

You mean the fact that the chances of getting put into a coma in a parking lot of a baseball game is higher in the Dodger Stadium parking lot than anywhere else in baseball? That's actually a fact. As minuscule a chance as it may be. Still a fact.

So you're the kind of guy that those roulette wheel history boards work on, huh.

zychi

Banned

He needs to be in there to half-ass swing, and to rub up on the umps like he does every game. He plays the right way by sucking up to the umps, being allowed to tap them on the chest with his glove!

Yep.

Shudder.

The chances of getting blown up during a marathon are higher in Boston than anywhere else. That's actually a fact. As minuscule a chance as it may be. Still a fact. Boston is clearly a violent shithole and nobody should ever visit if they value their lives.

th

Nah, they'll fit right in. Doyers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, USC, UCLA...

To be fair, since the Lakers started to suck, there are far fewer riots in this town. But, that's a subject for a different time.

The chances of getting blown up during a marathon are higher in Boston than anywhere else. That's actually a fact. As minuscule a chance as it may be. Still a fact. Boston is clearly a violent shithole and nobody should ever visit if they value their lives.

Some guys in the NHL thread certainly consider Boston to be a shithole. Not sure if they think it's a violent one. Stay on topic with baseball though if you please.

zychi

Banned
You're being trolled. Usually you troll, someone got you for LA. Relax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom