• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Murphy has hit well all season long. This display of power is definitely something that isn't normal though.

30 pitches for Jake that inning.
Murphy has been a great hitter throughout his career, not just this season.

Raw64life

Paying him based on like two weeks of good hitting is incredibly dumb

Mets are probably right to not resign him

He's a career .290 hitter..........

First sentence of that article:

"The New York Mets’ unexpected postseason run could make it easier for co-owners Fred Wilpon and Saul Katz to finally banish their Bernie Madoff blues."

...and that's exactly what they'll do. Pay off their debts while not even considering investing the money back into the team.

Dilson is really good doe. Murph is gonna be a Yankee

Really good in AAA =/ Really good in the majors. Mets are a win now team. Sign the win now player. Dilson didn't do shit in the majors and we're done rebuilding.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
granderson_money.0.gif

My TBS feed on Sling must be thirty seconds behind you guys, maybe more. Amazing catch. These Mets loo good. No idea who the hell goofy looking pitcher is, but he's working it.

Sanjuro

Harvey is 3 years away, Thor is 5, Matz is 6, deGrom is 4, Wheeler is 5.

We've got so much time with these young arms, the farm is still producing talent. This is a team built to win over the long term not with a 1-2 year window.

If you lose, Hanley will be your savior.

Harvey is 3 years away, Thor is 5, Matz is 6, deGrom is 4, Wheeler is 5.

We've got so much time with these young arms, the farm is still producing talent. This is a team built to win over the long term not with a 1-2 year window.

Yeah if they manage it correctly and avoid injuries they can be in contention for the next 5 years at least with those arms. Not that Muprhy is not a good player, but he's just that, good. I'd hardly act like signing a sub-2 WAR 30 year old to a long term/big money contract a necessity for them, especially considering they have to be wise with how they spend their money.

I go to do laundry, forget that the game starts at 8, and miss the Mets scoring 3 runs. Great...

I hope thry can knock out Arrieta early and knock around the bullpen.

Yeah if they manage it correctly and avoid injuries they can be in contention for the next 5 years at least with those arms. Not that Muprhy is not a good player, but he's just that, good. I'd hardly act like signing a sub-2 WAR 30 year old to a long term/big money contract a necessity for them, especially considering they have to be wise with how they spend their money.

He got hot at literally the perfect time for us. But he's a defensive liability, the bat is good, not great, he's a good player and he'll make a team happy. But we have internal options that give us the same general value, if not more. Dilson is the youngest player in the NL and has ridiculous tools. He hits for 400 foot power at 5'10'' 170 pounds soaking wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom