• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choomp

Banned
Yeah if they manage it correctly and avoid injuries they can be in contention for the next 5 years at least with those arms. Not that Muprhy is not a good player, but he's just that, good. I'd hardly act like signing a sub-2 WAR 30 year old to a long term/big money contract a necessity for them, especially considering they have to be wise with how they spend their money.

Murphy's ok, and especially at this point even with this amazing postseason I'd be wary about giving him anything too big/long contract wise. He's been around for quite some time at this point, and he's become a mainstay of that shitty/middle of the road Mets team, but I think it's still really awesome to see him shine on such a big stage like this.

I wish Russell was healthy. Would have loved to face the Cubs at full power.

I have a feeling though that this match-up is gonna be happening for a while in the NLCS. Both teams are young, have great FO's, and are built to win long term.

3N16MA

Banned
Murphy is a 2 WAR player who does a good enough job to start everyday. My brother now thinks he is the greatest player on earth.

Murphy is a 2 WAR player who does a good enough job to start everyday. My brother now thinks he is the greatest player on earth.

Proof that the playoffs are the ultimate crapshoot.

Murph doing this should be all the argument you need to go into why Kershaw's PS #'s are stupid.

squall211

This Sinderguard guy can throw kinda hard I hear.

Can Familia pitch 3 innings tonight?

I'd love it if the Mets were in a position tonight where they have a 4+ run lead in the 9th and can give him the day off.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Mets have too many young arms. Too many egos in that rotation. They should unload 1 or 2 to the Yanks.
stephen-a-smith-laugh.gif

The offseason is gonna be so depressing, thinking about who the Mets have to decide to sign and not sign.

Cespedes won't be here next year :/

Mrbob

The offseason is gonna be so depressing, thinking about who the Mets have to decide to sign and not sign.

Don't worry about the offseason yet. With the way the Mets are hitting lately alongside their pitching they might just win it all.

The fact that Cespedes, Murphy and Granderson are leading the Mets charge on offense are why it shouldn't be that depressing. You never know when guys are going to play out of their minds for stretches. They key is to keep your flexibility open so that you can make the moves necessary to find those kinds of guys and add them at the right time, not lock yourselves into big money contracts with guys that got hot for a small sample size. Cespedes is not a guy I'd have a lot of faith in signing to a multi year, $25 million AAV type of contract, especially not for a cash strapped team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom