• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The best part about this postseason is all the salty Met doubters(usually yankee fans lel) that are getting proven wrong. The cool part is though, it's actually getting to the point where lots of people are getting behind the team

In my experience, the most vicious Mets doubters are Mets fans.

LJ11

On the flip side, I'm kind of worried about deGrom, he loves número uno, and if he's not locating it can get rough. We'll see, not getting overconfident, good to be up.

jmaine_ph

On the flip side, I'm kind of worried about deGrom, he loves número uno, and if he's not locating it can get rough. We'll see, not getting overconfident, good to be up.
What he did against the Dodgers in game 5 impressed me. He didn't have his location early on and was constantly in trouble and got out of jams. I'm not worried.

Don't know how the Cubs can realistically get themselves back into this series. Pitching has completely shut down their offense and the Mets have beaten both of their best starters. I doubt Hammel or Hendricks will be able to keep the Mets off the board or even limit them to minimal damage.

Depends on the Wrigley but the Cubs could get back into this but the Mets pitching is so poised and with Jake going it's going to be a hard fucking task.

The best part about this postseason is all the salty Met doubters(usually yankee fans lel) that are getting proven wrong. The cool part is though, it's actually getting to the point where lots of people are getting behind the team

It's not Mets baseball without cyncism.

It's not Mets baseball without cyncism.

giphy.gif

Syrinx

I'm certainly not willing to call the series right now, but the Mets are in a really good spot. Hope deGrom pitches as well as Harvey or Syndergaard did, though the Cubs' bats could come alive any time now.

I'm certainly not willing to call the series right now, but the Mets are in a really good spot. Hope deGrom pitches as well as Harvey or Syndergaard did, though the Cubs' bats could come alive any time now.

Still, the Mets look sooooo good. As an impartial observer to the NLCS, this is the sort of matchup wet dream MLB wants.

I'm worried about Matz and his back and the cold. Back issues are a terrible. You can feel perfect, rehab right, and the pain can comeback out of nowhere.

All you guys did was hold serve. It's a few Wrigley-fueled games from becoming a series again. And the Cubs pitching outside of Lester/Arrieta is underrated. Never mind the fact they have an absolute genius in Maddon managing a very good bullpen.

there, Mets-GAF can worry again

Remember when Frankman had to stan for Dillon fucking Gee

RIP in pieces.

FP had a trade deadline meltdown.

This was FP after the botched trade - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN0XRkSyhwM

He has made a full recovery.

I almost, ALMOST, punched my computer screen.

I did end up going outside and heaving beer bottles at trees for like 45 minutes.

I'm pretty sure the first two MLB threads are Link and I going "nah we're gonna lose. Totally gonna lose. Loss here we come. Wow we won, it's a miracle, we should have lost though we'll lose tomorrow."

Think about it, this is a team that at one point, was batting John Mayberry Jr CLEANUP.

Highs of 70-74 during the day. Northside can get real cold at night tho.

Where did the hitting go? :(

You guys have the third lowest BA against high velocity (94+) throwers in the majors. It was just a bad match-up. In their 3 playoff losses, the Cubs are hitting .143. In their 3 wins (excluding the win over the Pirates), they're hitting .281. It's a case of hot and cold.

Is anything wrong with Mark Lowe. He was pretty good towards the end of the season but now some people are acting like Osuna and Sanchez are the only reliable relievers in the pen for the Jays.

Chris Young will start Game 4 for the Royals. cant wait for him to destroy the Jays hitters

He'll be on a very short leash. I prefer Medlen, but if anyone has earned a start it's Young. His fly ball approach makes no sense against the Blue Jays in their small stadium, but Yost never lets stats override results and his gut instinct. Hence why Escobar is still leading off.

I like Young for four innings. I'll like him a LOT more if Cueto takes care of business tonight and we go up 3-0. Hell, put Danny Duffy our Jeremy Guthrie on the mound at that point just to eat up innings in a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom