• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll be on a very short leash. I prefer Medlen, but if anyone has earned a start it's Young. His fly ball approach makes no sense against the Blue Jays in their small stadium, but Yost never lets stats override results and his gut instinct. Hence why Escobar is still leading off.

I like Young for four innings. I'll like him a LOT more if Cueto takes care of business tonight and we go up 3-0. Hell, put Danny Duffy our Jeremy Guthrie on the mound at that point just to eat up innings in a loss.

Young took the loss in that one game against the Blue Jays at Kauffman, but, if I remember right, the only hitter that got a big home run was Encarnacion and Young still gave up only 3 runs in six innings. He's actually done good against Donaldson, Bautista, and Tulo, but that doesn't mean anything in the postseason.

I think it's also because Medlen hasn't pitched at all since the regular season and he's still recovering from Tommy John this year. Young, at least, has pitched as recently as Game 1 against Houston, when he pitched well in relief. I think that's more of a reason than anything.

zroid

Banned
Is anything wrong with Mark Lowe. He was pretty good towards the end of the season but now some people are acting like Osuna and Sanchez are the only reliable relievers in the pen for the Jays.
Yeah I dunno. Maybe there's something. He did pitch a couple days ago though.

There was one outing I think against the Rangers where he struggled, not sure if that made Gibby lose confidence in him, I hope not

I consider Gibbons a pretty good manager, but this is his first playoff appearance, and the postseason is definitely a different animal. The way you approach the game from a managerial standpoint has to change. I don't think he has been able to make the adjustment yet.

Praying to Jobu, of course.

jobu.gif

ceranohomer.gif

Barry Zito has officially announced his retirement.

The Phillies have outrighted former top prospect Domonic Brown. Since Brown has more than 3 years of service time, he can refuse an assignment to the minors and become a free agent.

Dom Brown remember when he was top prospect in baseball. I'm guessing he becomes a free agent and a team will give him a chance to prove he has some of that talent

This series predicament comes down to their inability to keep him healthy and lack of faith in Tsuyoshi Wada. If there was ever a Japanese pitcher built to succeed in the NL, it's him.

billeh

Could be, but I feel if that were the case, something would have come out about it by now considering how often it happens.

All these analysts and talking heads saying it's over is making me nervous.
But .. THE METS ARE TWO GAMES FROM THE WORLD SERIES!!!

I have nothing but faith in The Kyle Hendricks Experience.

jbug617

Banned
Bad news from Daniel Norris.

Detroit Tigers pitcher Daniel Norris revealed Monday that he has been diagnosed with cancer and will undergo surgery this offseason.

The 22-year-old lefthander, who was acquired by the Tigers in a trade with the Toronto Blue Jays at the deadline this past season, shared the news via his official Instagram account.

According to Norris, he was diagnosed with a malignant tumor on his thyroid a couple of months after being optioned to Triple-A Buffalo in April and that he learned of this diagnosis while shuttling between Buffalo and Toronto for additional testing.

Tigers general manager Al Avila confirmed via text to ESPN.com that the team was aware of the diagnosis prior to making the trade for Norris with the Blue Jays. Avila said the club expects him to make a full recovery.

"Hearing this was alarming, yea," Norris said in his Instagram post. "Weird, yea, that too. I was given the option to shut my year down & get it removed immediately. However, seeing another doctor that determined I could wait until the end of the season reassured my gut feeling. Just Keep Playing. Baseball kept me sane."

Norris, who hails form Johnson City, Tennessee, said playing baseball helped keep his mind off his dire medical situation and helped buoy his outlook.

Norris indicated he wasn't sure whether to share the news or not but said he believed in the power of prayer in his hopes of overcome the diagnosis.

"Regardless of results on the field, I forgot about it when I was between the lines. Afterall, I was just trying to get the heck out of AAA. & I did. I was revived with an opportunity, a blessing from God, with the Tigers back in the Big Leagues," Norris said.

Norris (3-2, 3.75) is regarded as one of the Tigers most promising young pitchers and is expected to compete for a spot in the team's starting rotation next season.

"So yea, the power of prayer," Norris said. "It got me through this season. Now that it's over it's time to get this thing out, so please keep me in your thoughts & prayers as I undergo surgery & come out 100% cancer free!"

http://es.pn/1jQIZq6

It's probably really telling that the Tigers traded for him knowing about the cancer. They wouldn't have done that if there was any serious threat to his life or playing career.

He pitched through it this year. Think about that. Pitched through CANCER.

That said he should probably not live in a van anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom