• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to dislike Cueto, but fairly classless to be chanting his name with him out of the game.

I'm really not understanding the chip on Toronto's shoulder here. Beers hitting babies and taunting guys. You're up 7-2. Act like you've been here before.

This is so fucking stupid.

A) There was only liquid emanating from one beer that sprayed onto one baby. Not multiple beers hitting multiple babies.

B) It's not like it was all 50,000 people throwing beers. Probably no more than 200. 200 dumbfucks out of 50,000 is like the normal psychopath to normal person ratio in society, or something.

C) Toronto isn't the only the city to taunt the opposing team for fucks sake.

Stop being so salty.

I'm not saying the Jays will win the series. But it's clearly a series.

They are still down 2-0 and today's game isn't even over yet (not like the Royals don't have a habit of coming back or anything). I'd say it's premature. Like, if after today the Royals win the next two and win it 4 games to 1 would you still say it was a series?

Yeah. He's all smiles and positive vibes.

The phrase means act professionally when you're playing well. Celebrate, be excited, cheer your team on. Don't taunt people or disrupt the game by tossing shit.

I'm taking about the fans, not the players. I've got nothing bad to say about the players, they're playing hard and up big tonight.
OMG YOU'RE SO RIGHT

No team/fanbase has EVER taunted a pitcher before. Someone should shut up these uncouth swine!

You have to understand in the context of Toronto sports in general how starved we all are for a little bit of success.

I'm a Royals and Chiefs fan. You've had a more recent championship than either of my teams, so I think I understand it quite well.

You guys entered the playoffs as a super likable team. Lots of neutrals in your corner. That has dissipated with the beer tossing incident. Are hockey atmospheres like this? Never been to an NHL game, honest question.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sort of proving my point. I've said nothing negative about the Jays, but build that straw man.

This is so fucking stupid.

A) There was only liquid emanating from one beer that sprayed onto one baby. Not multiple beers hitting multiple babies.

B) It's not like it was all 50,000 people throwing beers. Probably no more than 200. 200 dumbfucks out of 50,000 is like the normal psychopath to normal person ratio in society, or something.

C) Toronto isn't the only the city to taunt the opposing team for fucks sake.

Stop being so salty.

Not salty at all, but your points are well taken. It was a few people, but it certainly affects public perception. When your own players are telling people to chill the fuck out, that's not a good thing.

OMG YOU'RE SO RIGHT

No team/fanbase has EVER taunted a pitcher before. Someone should shut up these uncouth swine!

While they're playing, sure. Dude was pulled and sitting in the dugout. I don't understand that. The Blue Jays didn't taunt him, they just shredded him with their bats. That's how you do it.

Cormano

I'm a Royals and Chiefs fan. You've had a more recent championship than either of my teams, so I think I understand it quite well.

You guys entered the playoffs as a super likable team. Lots of neutrals in your corner. That has dissipated with the beer tossing incident. Are hockey atmospheres like this? Never been to an NHL game, honest question.

No love for football? Sporting KC has been the only team in the KC area that brings us trophies.

rinse82

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and thought you were just joking/trolling but now realize you were being serious.

Oh.

I get you're on the receiving end but you seem to be going overboard. That or you hate fun.

Edit: not condoning beer throwing. I'm talking about chanting we want Cueto after Medlen gets his first guy out. Super aware and into it crowd is fun.

No love for football? Sporting KC has been the only team in the KC area that brings us trophies.

I do indeed. Mainly South American and some European. I haven't been to a game since they were the Wizards, lol.

The salt is real in this thread and there hasn't even been a bench clearing incident yet!

People toss that word around so much it's lost all meaning. I haven't seen a single salty post all night.

Alucard

Banned
Having lived around Toronto for some of my life, and having been to a few Leafs, Jays, and TFC games, I can say Toronto fans aren't any better or worse than other sports fanbases. Everyone likes to point to a few incidents and make blanket statements. There are knobs and total fucking idiots in every city in the world.

I can't stand the Leafs, but the Toronto media is more annoying than the fans.

mdubs

Banned
You know, it might not be a bad thing if Toronto develops a reputation as an aggressive and classless sports city if our teams can back that up with strong play, that swagger then,

That's not even what I am talking about. Are you upset?

No I'm not. I don't like when people fling accusations against an entire fanbase.

Did anybody call the Royals fans classless when they chanted USA!? Why are they even chanting that? Do they know where their ballplayers are from?

I'm not happy with Medlen on the mound tonight. Was counting on him being the early relief for Chris Young tomorrow. Then again, he hasn't pitched for 18 days so I guess he's the best option to burn off some innings tonight.

Yost wasn't thinking Cueto implosion. Better to burn one guy on long relief in a loss than tire out the whole bullpen.

Askani

Yost wasn't thinking Cueto implosion. Better to burn one guy on long relief in a loss than tire out the whole bullpen.

Cueto should have been on a short leash. He proved he couldn't be trusted. Nice he had a great game last outing but Yost needed to be more proactive there. It probably wouldn't have made a difference but leaving him was clearly was the worse option.

JDHarbs

No I'm not. I don't like when people fling accusations against an entire fanbase.

Did anybody call the Royals fans classless when they chanted USA!? Why are they even chanting that? Do they know where their ballplayers are from?
I agree with your first statement, but not your second.

Chanting USA is a pro-"home team" chant while what was going on earlier in this game was not. They were simply rubbing it in on a player who was having a bad game. I would not compare them to each other.

Alucard

Banned
Ain't that the truth? I've been to enough Chiefs games to learn my lesson. Some of the biggest jerks I've ever met at games in Arrowhead. TV only now.

Fan superiority is the pettiest pot calling the kettle black bullshit out there in sports. I've been embarrassed by fans of my own favourite teams as much as by their opponents.

I agree with your first statement, but not your second.

Chanting USA is a pro-"home team" chant while what was going on earlier in this game was not. They were simply rubbing it in on a player who was having a bad game. I would not compare them to each other.

True. But it's also an incredibly stupid chant. Considering the home team pitcher is Dominican and the visiting batter is American. Looks like they are rooting for the Blue Jays in that sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom