• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeless

i'm not sure i can remember a time hawkins has come in and not looked like shit

dude is done, he has been garbage for us

in a game where we could at least theoretically tie it i can't understand the decision to bring in hawkins, just terrible

Askani

I mean, I'm happy with the results for my team, but it's sad to see a guy go out like that in possibly his last game ever over such a long career.

Reason why I said this game was over after the 2nd was because the bullpen is terrible. Hendricks pitched good, but as soon as it gets to the weak part, like Hawkins and Tapera, it was over.

Sadly Gibbons will probably sign a new contract this off season. Teams success has literally nothing to do with his decision making. Probably the nicest most likeable coach in the MLB but he is not a good coach.

Would love for him to stick around in the organization though. I don't see any other club giving him a job as a head coach.

This is an incredible, incredible destruction of the Jays. The baseball gods were angered by the Trudeau-Bautista shop.

Next game should be it.

Edit: Salty Jays-GAF needs to remember that Gibby didn't build the rotation/bullpen.

jman2050

What is with the Royals and their ability to score so many in the 7th, 8th and 9th? Such an odd trend.

Their impeccable ability to make contact hard counters the trend of most bullpens to rely on swing-and-miss power stuff to create outs, meaning that they can BABIP teams to death in the late innings if a few hit balls go their way? And keeping the starters in doesn't help because starters get worse the further along the game they go?

Or it could just be dumb luck?

Sadly Gibbons will probably sign a new contract this off season. Teams success has literally nothing to do with his decision making. Probably the nicest most likeable coach in the MLB but he is not a good coach.

Do people think he should not have started Dickey today? It seemed like the right way to go but Dickey sucked. And he was pulled with the quickness.

rinse82

I don't really disagree with the call here - rather have a rested bullpen in an elimination game.

Jays were staring at Herrera-Davis in the 7th-8th-9th. That 3 run lead is more like a 6 run lead against those guys.

His starter gave him 1 2/3's, what did you want him to do?

This is an incredible, incredible destruction of the Jays. The baseball gods were angered by the Trudeau-Bautista shop.

Next game should be it.

Edit: Salty Jays-GAF needs to remember that Gibby didn't build the rotation/bullpen.
Has nothing to do with being salty and wanting a scapegoat. Anyone who has watched the Jays like ever knows Gibby has made a mountain of bad and head scratching calls.
Do people think he should not have started Dickey today? It seemed like the right way to go but Dickey sucked. And he was pulled with the quickness.
Dicky should have started absolutely. I am not watching the game right now was just commenting in general about Gibbons. Reading that Hawkins was brought in and quickly taken out was what made state my thoughts on Gibby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom