• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
I don't really disagree with the call here - rather have a rested bullpen in an elimination game.

Jays were staring at Herrera-Davis in the 7th-8th-9th. That 3 run lead is more like a 6 run lead against those guys.

His starter gave him 1 2/3's, what did you want him to do?

I more or less agree. Although I would've put Tepera in before Hawkins. Hawk really has nothing at this point. Hendriks should be commended for what he did, and it's on the Jays offence for not scoring against Young and Hochevar when they had the chance.

Do people think he should not have started Dickey today? It seemed like the right way to go but Dickey sucked. And he was pulled with the quickness.

The blame Dickey bandwagon is almost as heavily populated as the Jays bandwagon itself. Despite the fact Dickey pitched incredibly well post all star, one shit start and it's the same chorus of "he's old/sucks" etc...

I'm convinced by now that aside from sketchy starts from Cueto or other starters getting blown out, the only teams that can beat KC are ones from the NL. Royals too strong.

Who else are the Jays going to start? Do they even have another starter on their playoff roster?

That's what I'm saying. Today's game is not something you can pin on the manager. Your starter got shelled and you got blownout. A couple of tactical decisions weren't going to change the outcome.

Sad to see Dickey get shelled, but it happens. Our "ace" did the same yesterday. The problem is the Blue Jays have too little bullpen depth, and it's hard to put 8 innings on that group. None of this is on your manager.

Yo does anyone know if Salvy has a speech impediment. Since every interview in english he seems like his mouth is full or something. it is not an accent or anything. I have not heard him speak spanish but does he sound like it in spanish as well? just curious

Yo does anyone know if Salvy has a speech impediment. Since every interview in english he seems like his mouth is full or something. it is not an accident or anything. I have not heard him speak spanish but does he sound like it in spanish as well? just curious

His Spanish is great. He speak pree good, joo know?

HJfk58T.gif

Jesus Christ Gibbons, your hook is three outs too late. Tepera never should've finished the seventh.

Unless he was literally the only feasible option, I'm not familiar with Toronto's bullpen.

zroid

Banned
Sad to see Dickey get shelled, but it happens. Our "ace" did the same yesterday. The problem is the Blue Jays have too little bullpen depth, and it's hard to put 8 innings on that group. None of this is on your manager.

the depth is especially an issue because Cecil is hurt. he's been nails for several months -- 0.00 ERA since July -- but it's even worse because he's their only good lefty, and the Jays bullpen has several righties who struggle against lefties. Cecil is basically the one guy whom they absolutely couldn't afford to lose.

Jesus Christ Gibbons, your hook is three outs too late. Tepera never should've finished the seventh.

Unless he was literally the only feasible option, I'm not familiar with Toronto's bullpen.

the others are being saved for tomorrow.

If Jays can come back in this Series and win it, I will be a devoted Jays fan for life, no more casual fan!

KC is too good and most likely will win the WS, I will bow my head to Jays for making it this far this year!

Hopfrog

Announcers just said that at 17-7, Ned Yost has the highest postseason winning percentage of all time amongst managers with at least 20 postseason games managed.

#Yosted

Mrbob

I might bail too if down by 10 in the eight inning. Beat traffic as the game is over.

The Royals look scary right now. On a mission to avenge their last season World Series loss.

Ned Yost a potential managerial champion, seems crazy to say.

Exactly. But I get it - it's easier to blame the manager than it is to accept that the Royals are just far and away the better team right now.

Exactly. But I get it - it's easier to blame the manager than it is to accept that the Royals are just far and away the better team right now.

A month ago, this series pays out very differently. KC is getting hot again at the right time.

Something, something contact hitting always beats out power in the postseason.

Sure is tough to get runs when the guy stealing signs doesn't show up. I wasn't watching Sal as intently tonight but I don't think he was running through the signs most of the time. In conclusion, Cueto is dumb.

Sure is tough to get runs when the guy stealing signs doesn't show up. I wasn't watching Sal as intently tonight but I don't think he was running through the signs most of the time. In conclusion, Cueto is dumb.

He ran through them all game long, even with nobody on base. I didn't see the Cueto comment, but that's stupid. He got shelled, and shouldn't make excuses. He didn't get the corner calls he likes and left straight stuff up in the middle.

Mrbob

The Cubs season now rests on the Kyle Hendricks experience.

Cubs bats please come back alive. Weather is decent tonight so Soler won't have to bundle up like it is negative 50 outside.

clemenx

Banned
Royals downfall should be their rotation and it's being solid as fuck. No weak poionts for them if the starting pitching does a good job.

That lineup is just unfair. They're actually good and have dumb luck with contact as well.

Sigma722

This is amazing lol.

I agree. Yesterday, I was okay with a loss early on, but really didn't want us to get blown out. Was happy we made Toronto sweat in the end. Blowouts probably work a lot better psychologically. On the flips side, I wonder how hard it will be for Toronto to come back from this tomorrow.

And another pitching change...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom