• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

Urine smells are nbd.

People say NYC smells like urine all the time...

But it does. Got on the E at 51st Monday and the pee smell in the station was enough to nearly kill me.

Doesn't smell as bad in late fall at least. The flip side is the smell in July and Aug.

billeh

it will be interesting to see how it is in a few years, but it will likely just be a nicely polished turd with a pretty coat of paint that will show it's core with in a decade.
Why don't you read the link, jfc.

At least it's all privately funded.

Malo

Banned
But it does. Got on the E at 51st Monday and the pee smell in the station was enough to nearly kill me.

Doesn't smell as bad in late fall at least. The flip side is the smell in July and Aug.
It doesn't to me but maybe I'm used to it since I've lived here my entire life.

I dont live in stl, or follow its politics, so maybe this changed, but it made it to me via a college buddy from stl.

http://m.stltoday.com/sports/baseba...5f52-aa30-9f05e6040265.html?mobile_touch=true

Cant pay firemen, give baseball team money, baseball team fucks city over.

#cardinalway

The article doesn't mention any amount close to half a billion. I don't like public funding of stadiums, but the Cardinals are maybe the one exception I can make because they're literally the only thing the city has left worth anything

Now, the Rams though, that situation is fucked

Wright still plays the field like he did when he was a Rookie.

Guy is so rock solid at 3B.

It might be more visible during the winter.

zulux21

Why don't you read the link, jfc.

At least it's all privately funded.

I did read the link, they are redoing plenty, but the stadium itself is not being ripped up and replaced, just parts of it.

even if you put nice add ons to a turd and replace parts of it the fact is it's still a turd at it's core.

zulux21

heh bases loaded no one out... and only a single run :p

today is going to be a great day...
the day back to the future predicted the cubs would win the world series will instead be the day they are eliminated from it.

Quick

Banned
Jumping in on stadium renovation talk, it seems like Wrigley Field's going through a similar renovation as Madison Square Garden did recently.

Not sure of how fans feel about MSG, but for an old building, it got major renovations. Seems like it's the perfect compromise vs. building a new stadium.

Beckx

League average on balls hit 107mph is .701 .. Of course we line out.

Remember in the WC when Cutch and Alvarez cranked balls that fast off Arrieta that got caught. BABIP gods give and takeaway.

Edit or maybe it was Marte like CL says. I'm trying to forget the pain.

zychi

Banned
Jumping in on stadium renovation talk, it seems like Wrigley Field's going through a similar renovation as Madison Square Garden did recently.

Not sure of how fans feel about MSG, but for an old building, it got major renovations. Seems like it's the perfect compromise vs. building a new stadium.
Im one of the few fans who think the cubs should have knocked the entire thing down and rebuilt it in the same place with the same look, but newer pipes, clubhouses etc.

Have the cubs play at the cell for a year when they were purposely tanking.

Its an old stadium and one of my favorite places on earth, but its not like they have a history of winning there.

Quick

Banned
Im one of the few fans who think the cubs should have knocked the entire thing down and rebuilt it in the same place with the same look, but newer pipes, clubhouses etc.

Have the cubs play at the cell for a year when they were purposely tanking.

Its an old stadium and one of my favorite places on earth, but its not like they have a history of winning there.

That's probably the best solution in terms of practicality, but that's what happens when you have something historic. Yankees Stadium is maybe the best method to execute, where you build the new stadium right beside the old.

They probably could also build a new stadium behind a facade of Wrigley too.

I feel spoiled in saying that I wish Toronto had a better-looking baseball stadium and I think about places like Wrigley that need renovations

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Colon looks like he should be a pitching coach, not an active player.

090515_bartolo_flip_med_8iy4bjmy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom