• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculation was he had Liriano ready in reserve if Cole wasnt doing well.

Edit: wait Cole is still there...

I absolutely think the best idea for a game like this is ~3IP or one time through the pitcher for your #1-2 guys, and then the bullpen for the rest of it. No manager will ever do it, but I think it's the best strategy. Your 1-2 might even be good to go for Game 1&2 of the DS if you win, too

Pirates hitters look just as bad as the Yankees did last night.

Jake is making better pitches than Keuchel, though. Guy is on.

Pirates were swinging at everything first inning and have been taking hittable pitches and reaching when Arrieta is ahead. Meet in the middle, boys.

I absolutely think the best idea for a game like this is ~3IP or one time through the pitcher for your #1-2 guys, and then the bullpen for the rest of it. No manager will ever do it, but I think it's the best strategy. Your 1-2 might even be good to go for Game 1&2 of the DS if you win, too

I agree. That's how I'd do it, prime your rotation to revolve around short stints, gets them used to coming in irregularly for the PS.

It's a smart play. Hurdle is a good manager.

Did the Pirates gameplan at all? Cause it sure as hell doesn't look like it.

They relied on the fans for the gameplan

CQu7JqpUwAEumwS.jpg:large

Raziel

Arrieta doesn't even look remotely hittable

Yea he does, he's pounding the strike zone. First couple of pitches are basically down the middle. Pirates are just trying to take pitches in hopes of getting his pitch count up, and it's not working. It's just getting them down 0-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom