• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
yeah this makes no sense lol

you would think home field would actually matter

I also feel really bad for the Bucs. They can't catch a damn break in the postseason since they have been back

It'd be nice to have one of our most toolsy and reliable hitters in the lineup, except a certain someone drop kicked him in the knee.

weekev

Banned
Ok question to all you baseball afficiendos. Im from UK and we dont really have Baseball here so apologies if this is a stupid question...why are the Cubs not starting with Lester? Is he injured or something?

Jrmint

I did not realize the Cubs had so many lefties in their order. Really should've considered starting Liriano. I know revisionist history and all.

It'd be nice to have one of our most toolsy and reliable hitters in the lineup, except a certain someone drop kicked him in the knee.

yeah I mean obviously I am super neutral for this. but still it is cool to see the cubs win but hard to see the bucs lose (would be the same if the game was going the other way)

but yeah what a stupid decision by hurdle. One reason why I think the Cubs have actually a great shot at the WS is because of Maddon.

billeh

Ok question to all you baseball afficiendos. Im from UK and we dont really have Baseball here so apologies if this is a stupid question...why are the Cubs not starting with Lester? Is he injured or something?
Arrieta stepped it up and kinda stole the ace role. Lester's been awesome, but not .. This.

Loco4Coco

Arrieta is the Cubs best pitcher right now, and this is a one game playoff. Need to have your best out there.

Arrieta had one of the best 2nd halves in baseball history.

I did not realize the Cubs had so many lefties in their order. Really should've considered starting Liriano. I know revisionist history and all.

Soler is righty could play him instead of La Stella and move Bryant back to 3rd. Fowler switch hits. I don't think you drop Montego for Ross, but still the Cubs have some options if that happened

Line_HTX

Holy shit, I just got home and I thought he got beaned in the head.

He only got clipped at the finger.

Shit, those boos are damn loud.

:O

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I assume arieta hasn't pitched out of the stretch much lately. Should be interesting.

weekev

Banned
So if Cubs have a decent lead going to the 7th, will they pull Arrieta to save him for the playoffs and trust the bullpen, or will they let him have the shut out?

Velcro Fly

Arrieta getting all the calls.

Hard to argue against that at this point.

It was even for about the first inning or so but after that forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom