• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
You can't discount the effect of one sided strike boxes like this. Cole hasn't pitched well, but it's infinitely easier to pitch knowing you're going to get everything damn near a half foot out of the strike box.

Edit: Fucking Bastardo? You fucking kidding Hurdle?

Raziel

Arrieta's been getting those calls the whole second half of the season.
0VRNLk7.png

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
No. We don't need the playoffs to be any longer. Just look at the NBA.
One game elimination is fine as long as the 4th and 5th best teams are in it. Not in this case.

Bring back the balanced schedule. Redo the leagues if you have to.

Make a division with the Braves, Tampa, Marlins, Orioles and Nationals etc.... If you have to.

Malo

Banned
One game elimination saved baseball. This is the best idea they've had in years.
Fuck that. Baseball isn't football, it should be best of 3. And I'm not saying that because the Yankees got eliminated last night, we would have lost the best of three as well.

One game elimination is fine as long as the 4th and 5th best teams are in it. Not in this case.

Bring back the balanced schedule. Redo the leagues if you have to.

Make a division with the Braves, Tampa, Marlins, Orioles and Nationals etc.... If you have to.

na don't redo the divisions.

balance the schedule and do it like the NBA is now and make it based purely on record not on division for seeding

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Fuck that. Baseball isn't football, it should be best of 3. And I'm not saying that because the Yankees got eliminated last night, we would have lost the best of three as well.
I'd be fine with a best of 3, but MLB would eventually have two more teams and have 1 game playoff, then 3, then 5, then nlcs ws. So I'd prefer they keep it at 1.

Malo

Banned
na don't redo the divisions.

balance the schedule and do it like the NBA is now and make it based purely on record not on division for seeding
This I agree with. It's ridiculous that the teams with the second and third best record in the league have to play each other in a one game elimination.

Malo

Banned
I'd be fine with a best of 3, but MLB would eventually have two more teams and have 1 game playoff, then 3, then 5, then nlcs ws. So I'd prefer they keep it at 1.
They would be walking a fine line there and I wouldn't want the MLB playoffs to be as long as the NHL's and NBA's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom