• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

3-game wildcard solution? I've heard that floated, but that seems like it'll be just a bit too much.

Nah. The only change worth making is seeding after the wild card, because it's dumb that having the best record in the league doesn't face you against the worst record.

3 game wildcard just puts the team at an even bigger disadvantage, probably

If anything needs to be done it's getting away with seeding by division winners and instead doing it by record

ShaneB

Grats to the Cubs for making the real playoffs. Was rootin for ya, wish the game was closer though, those Pirates fans needed something to cheer for.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
3 game wildcard just puts the team at an even bigger disadvantage, probably

If anything needs to be done it's getting away with seeding by division winners and instead doing it by record
Yep. Modern technology made divisions obsolete ages ago. They're only good for enforcing artificial rivalries

Grexeno

Weren't there several series this year that the Pirates lost or got swept by bottom-feeders? This all could have been avoided.

Beckx

Ah well. At least there are games in Sapporo Dome to look forward to this weekend. Gotta put Sho-time back in the avatar spot.

Let's go make the off-season thread fellow pirates loserbros!

I got prospects to talk about! Josh Bell and Tyler Glasnow!

zulux21

As a White Sox fan, bring October baseball back to Chicago Cubbies.

P.S. Please wipe the floor with the Cards, I hate that fargon team.

as a white sox fan... who enjoys watching the cubs fail.
who is sick of all this talk of team of destiny.
who was rooting for the pirates I have to say...

go cubbies, knock the stupid cards out of the playoffs so that a team that hasn't won in over 2 decades will for sure win the WS this year.

then please proceed to lose horribly against the mets.

Jayhawk

It is unfortunate that the team with the second-best record after 162 regular season games is gone after one game. However, the NL has 5 of the 6 teams with 68 wins or fewer in addition to the top three teams in MLB being in the NL central. A lot of bottom-feeding in the NL.

It is unfortunate that the team with the second-best record after 162 regular season games is gone after one game. However, the NL has 5 of the 6 teams with 68 wins or fewer in addition to the top three teams in MLB being in the NL central. A lot of bottom-feeding in the NL.
The Pirates probably benefited the least from the bottom feeding lol. All 3 NL Central playoff representatives are legit. The other NL playoff teams OTOH...

I'm pretty concerned about playing the Cubs as a Cards fan. Would rather have faced the Pirates I think. My wife is a Cubs fan, so on the bright side, our house has invested interest in the playoffs guaranteed through the NLCS.

Also, the @PiratesCooler Twitter is amazing.

Caja 117

Single wild card game works. If your don't lock down your division, you have one last shot.

Yeah that is they way I see it.

agreed, even though it really sucks sometimes.

No it doesnt, Baseball cant have playoff like NFL, baseball is too random for one and done, it is insulting for the teams that played 162 ganes and weird to see fans actually suporting this.

There is a reason why we have a weird 7-2 record for visiting team, Basically even a team Like the white sox can get lucky and beat a team like the cardinal in one game.

harSon

Banned
location.php-pitchSel=453562&game=gid_2015_10_07_chnmlb_pitmlb_1&batterX=&innings=yyyyyyyyy&sp_type=1&s_type=&league=mlb&pnf=&zlpo=&cache=1.gif

location.php

:(

No it doesnt, Baseball cant have playoff like NFL, baseball is too random for one and done, it is insulting for the teams that played 162 ganes and weird to see fans actually suporting this.

There is a reason why we have a weird 7-2 record for visiting team, Basically even a team Like the white sox can get lucky and beat a team like the cardinal in one game.
Don't put yourself in the position to play in a one-game playoff. Win the fucking division.

Jake Arrieta. Nothing more needs to be said. Also, stay classy Pirates.

Arrieta = Bumgarner 2015

3-game wildcard solution? I've heard that floated, but that seems like it'll be just a bit too much.

What purpose does this serve?

No it doesnt, Baseball cant have playoff like NFL, baseball is too random for one and done, it is insulting for the teams that played 162 ganes and weird to see fans actually suporting this..
There's nothing random about 3-0 and 4-0 losses.

zroid

Banned

TBH I don't like the one game playoff (except as a neutral spectator), but with the unbalanced schedule it does make sense. It's designed to punish division non-winners and it's successful in that regard.

I'd rather we get balanced schedules and move away from divisions in general.

Caja 117

Don't put yourself in the position to play in a one-game playoff. Win the fucking division.
The same can be said with no one game playoff, "dont put yourself in the position of not going to the playoff, win the fucking division"

Arrieta = Bumgarner 2015

What purpose does this serve? Name me one Royals/Giants/Astros/Cubs fan who would want this?

Except the weird particularities of baseball, where one pitcher could be very bad with a team or a cy young pitcher against other team, lineups that are bad with specific type of pitchers, baseball have so many variables to have elimination games.

harSon

Banned
Arrieta = Bumgarner 2015

What purpose does this serve? Name me one Royals/Giants/Astros/Cubs fan who would want this?

That's not true. A team could have one ace, and an ass juice 2-5 behind him - and win a one game wild card handedly. Doesn't mean they're the better team, simply that they have a lights out Ace and are well suited for such a format. Baseball is probably the worst sport to have a do or die game decide something so pivotal.

I'd rather they just go back to the 1994-2012 format.

The team had fucking 98 wins. They're division winners in any other division in baseball Lol. Yeah - they could have won more games, but that's true of any team in baseball.

Caja 117

That's not true. A team could have one ace, and an ass juice 2-5 behind him - and win a one game wild card handedly. Doesn't mean they're the better team, simply that they have a lights out Ace and are well suited for such a format. Baseball is probably the worst sport to have a do or die game decide something so pivotal.

The team had fucking 98 wins. They're division winners in any other division in baseball Lol. Yeah - they could have won more games, but that's true of any team in baseball.

Precisley my point.

That's not true. A team could have one ace, and an ass juice 2-5 behind him - and win a one game wild card handedly.
The other team should get a better ace then.

Doesn't mean they're the better team, simply that they have a lights out Ace and are well suited for such a format.
Yes, it does. The team that scores more runs the opponent is the better team, and you cannot argue otherwise.

Baseball is probably the worst sport to have a do or die game decide something so pivotal.
This is a fallacy that keeps getting repeated without justification. Because I can make a stronger case for it be true in basketball or hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom